1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Got some great deals this weekend!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cbort, Aug 18, 2009.

1. cbort

cbort Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This weekend I scored big! I traded 10 frags of zoanthids! Yes 10 frags! For this entire setup!

The pics came from before it was actually taken apart and transported. Notice all the hair algae!! Going to cook the rock!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got this for 13 zoanthid frags

[​IMG]

This for 2 zoanthid frags

[​IMG]

and last but not least this for 1 zoanthid frag (250w magnetic ballast)

[​IMG]

The tank is a Tenecor 96"Lx15"Dx18"T. It has a center overflow with a 2" drain. The tank is in great shape, just acouple scratches that are noticable when filled. It came with over 100lbs of live rock. 3 of the pieces were too large for 5 gallon salt buckts. Just for reference there are only 5 pieces of rock! The return pump is a mag12, and it came with a Euroreef skimmer, a CUC, a niger trigger, coral banned shrimp, 2 48" Coralife PC fixtures, a koraline 3 and 4 power head!

Over all it turned out to be a good weekend! Now to frag some more zoas!

2. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    that's a great deal.....btw....what do you mean "cook the rock"

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Wow, hell of a deal, congrats.

4. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Posted By bobsfish on 08/19/2009 06:09 AM
    that's a great deal.....btw....what do you mean "cook the rock"
    Cooking rock refers to removing rock from light and doing water changes untill all the algea dies and decomposes and your phosphates reach zero. When I did it I put my rock in a rubbermade tote with heater and powerhead. I forgot to remove all the loose dirt before I started but it all seamed to work well.

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    SCORE!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Clean your golf clubs! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif Btw I'll offer ya 11 zoa frags and a LE freebee...

7. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    That is awesome! So that's a 8' tank, that should be fun... Isn't that your 3rd of 4th tank that your going to have to move with you to Cherokee soon?

8. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    those pics are of before i actually moved it from he guys office. Those are his clubs. By the looks of them, it didn't look as tho he hadn't golfed much lately. My clubs stay clean! :)

9. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My new house will have a lot more room! I plan on having a nice sized fish room.