1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Got glass?

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by AJ, Oct 29, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need a piece of 3/8" glass that's at least 17 1/2" x 20" to repair my sump.  If you have a broken 75 or 90 gallon tank, let me know.  Turn that broken tank into cash!
    --AJ

2. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey i'm not sure if my work can do 3/8" but i can call and ask, but we get an employee discount for cut glass, but we do mainly windows and door's and most is usually 1/4" stuff but i'll check for ya, thats outrageaous what they quoted you for glass, i was charged less than 20 for my 4 pieces of 1/4" glass for my sump at my local glass dealer. if i can make it work i''ll try and get it to you asap.

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey snowman, I should have updated this thread...I found a source for this glass. A member of the Iowa Aquaria club has a broken tank and I'm going to get the glass from them. He's a few hours away and I won't be able to get it for a while, but that's OK...I have changed my long term plans with the basement sump to include a short term plan using a small in-stand sump that I had on hand so that I can get things set up more quickly. Thanks for your offer...I appreciate your willingness to help me out.

--AJ

4. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No problem gladd to see you got a tank though

5. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    AJ you can build a killer plywood/epoxy sump if looks are not a issue? In the basement right? Watch the video, dont waste your time with viewing glass though...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUARIUM-TANK-PONDS-CONSTRUCTION-EPOXY-RESIN-1-5-GAL_W0QQitemZ220500063350QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3356d3f476

Dave