1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

google chrome and pm`s

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rustin, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if anyone else uses google chrome but Ive noticed that my replies to pm's dont go through with google chrome. Its the only issue Ive noticed so far.  I thought I had replied to multiple pm's yesterday,  but just realized that none of them went through. So sorry for the delayed responses if you pm me yesterday.

2. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you are trying to reply to pm via email, it won't work. All pm's need to be responded to using this forum and your PM box.

3. Rustin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was using the web page not email when you hit send message it just doesn't send it at least not for me and this is just with google chrome a newer web browser.

4. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How is that browser?

5. Rustin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like it a lot. You will run into a few sites that have problems, but for the most part its great. Its show your most viewed pages on the main page when it opens. Its got some features I like and some I dont but all in all I recommend it. IE 7 was crashing on me a lot so I was more than happy to change it up. now they just released IE 8 and it looks very similar to google chrome

6. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been using Firefox for years now.  Once I discovered it, I haven't even glanced over to IE.  I'll check out the Google Chrome when I have some time.

7. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have always liked google but they are getting to large for my comfort....

Google has been stated as wanting and positioning themselves to be the worlds sole handler of online information.
    I am a bit Leary of this browser...and what it is sending home to mama. Just my opinion...

FF is the best all around browser in my opinion.

eins

8. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not just your opinion Bill...seems to be that Chrome is one great big tracking cookie only instead of storing the data locally, it sends that stuff to Google to "tailor" your Chrome experience for you.
    Me...well I do alot of online banking and the thought of that kind of info getting sent out makes me cringe.

Anyway, just do some searches (on Google no less hahahaha) about Chrome and see what the vast majority of non-sheeple have to say about it.

9. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Chrome isn't bad, but I can't do without all the nice plugins that firefox already has, like Foxmarks and AdBlock.

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just an FYI on the original topic. Chrome is still in Beta. Some things seem to not work very well yet (like rich text boxes).

I was able to send a PM with Chrome, but you have to switch to the normal text box entry mode first.

-JB