1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

GONE: Random sumps

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Bud, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Note: I'm moving out of my shop so this is being sold at purge pricing so I don't have to take it with me. I normally do not sell things this cheap and what I am selling is what I have on hand (aside from 50 CWT sumps)

I inherited these sumps from a friend who used to make them a few years back (MJB). I still need to finish these off but they will be done by next week. They've just been sitting around taking up space and now I don't want to take them with me so I'm letting these go cheap

Dimensions are 32" long x 16" deep x 15" tall which by the OD puts them at 33g

Walls are 3/8" clear acrylic so they are overbuilt. Tops & bottoms 1/4". They will all have transparent blue eurobraces but the acrylic got marred in storage so they will not look very pretty, but they will be functional. One will have transparent blue bottom, the other 2 will be clear bottoms

Just a basic layout, 2 filter sock holes, then a down/up baffle for trapping bubbles, center chamber, and an up/down leading to a return chamber

Located at my workshop in Grimes

IMG_2368.JPG

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  2. Travis 79 New User

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll take 1. I can pick up tomorrow afternoon if that works.

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    They will not be complete until next week, but I'll earmark the best one for you

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    These tanks are not worth my time to finish off. The paper is dried on badly, one could get the paper off with some effort but at this point it's a labor of love or a fun project.

For me it's the dumpster and potentially a sledgehammer.

So these are free for pickup, they are incomplete however all the top/bottom edges are prepped for bonding.

One has a euro attached already and I have the blue bottom panel that goes with that one.

The other two have blue euros that need the paper peeled and cleaned up as there was something spilled on them at some point prior to when I got them given to me. They do not have bottom panels however I can cut those parts for no cost.

Bonding the panels on would be the easy part. Getting the paper off one of these and then cleaning off the residue would take hours and hours. I'm not even sure I want to instruct someone how to do it, at this point I don't even have time for that.

My garbage collection at the shop comes on Wednesday so for anyone who wants to torture themselves with a project be my guest. They go in the dumpster at the end of the day Tuesday