1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

GONE: Acrylic 120g w/black back

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Bud, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Note: I'm moving out of my shop so this is being sold at purge pricing so I don't have to take it with me. I normally do not sell things this cheap and what I am selling is what I have on hand (aside from 50 CWT sumps)

Another tank inherited from my friend in town MJB, I still need to bond on the top and bottom

This one is 1/2" acrylic all the way around with a one-piece eurobrace with 2 openings (I just didn't dig them out for the pic) and will be done next week ready for pickup

Located at my workshop in Grimes

IMG_2370.JPG

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Pending

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    This tank is not worth my time to finish off. The paper is dried on badly, one could get the paper off with some effort but at this point it's a labor of love or a fun project.

For me it's the dumpster and potentially a sledgehammer.

So this is free for pickup, it is incomplete however all the top/bottom edges are prepped for bonding.

Bonding the panels on would be the easy part. Getting the paper off and then cleaning off the residue would take hours and hours. I'm not even sure I want to instruct someone how to do it, at this point I don't even have time for that.

My garbage collection at the shop comes on Wednesday so for anyone who wants to torture themselves with a project be my guest. They go in the dumpster at the end of the day Tuesday