1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

GIRS March Photo Contest.

Discussion in 'Contests' started by einsteins, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By einsteins on 03/20/2008 5:25 PM
    Sorry everyone.....I have been out of town and didnt know of this problem....
    When setting up the contest I misunderstood the dates and how they work....
    I have readjusted the photo entry time so that it should end entries at midnight on Friday...I went with this date based on my last reminder....
    VOting should start at midnight friday as soon as entries end...
    Please!.... before all of you send out the lynching mob with torches and pitch forks keep in mind this is the first time I have used the software and it has been a learning experience for me also.
    I hope all of you will forgive me...I should have been more thorough when setting this up....I thought I had it right. I take full responsibility and I sincerely hope my mistake has not ruined this experience for any of you.
    Get those additional photos entered asap so we dont have any more problems...
    Again I apologize!!!
    eins
    No big deal /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif src="http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>
    Thanks for manning the contest!  Pretty good turnout, after all, eh?

2. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great pictures everybody! I'm so glad that we have unlimited votes, because there is no way I could have narrowed it down to just one favorite!

3. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I guess Jeremy won?! I thought there'd be a big announcement; sort of a let down to the end of the contest /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif Is there only one winner? No second or third place?

4. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No results are official yet.

I will need to work this out....please allow me some time to find out what is going on with the module.

When I know for sure there will be an anouncement.

There is a prize for first place and I hope to let everyone know who was second and third.

eins

5. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully all the kinks will get worked out of this module.........thanks for working on it Bill!

6. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any news about the contest results?!

7. einsteins

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The contest module is still down....I am sure JB is working on getting it back up.

As soon as I can get into it I will see who the winner was...officially.

eins

8. einsteins

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We finally have a winner to the March Photo Contest...
    Congratulations to Jeremy (Waverz)
    The BOD would like to extend a big THANKS to everyone who participated in our March Photo Contest. The theme was "Your Favorite Coral"
    We had 38 entries in the contest and I must say they were all very good!
    Obviously the GIRS members thought so also because we had 148 votes cast.
    In the end after all the votes were cast,  it was a 3 way tie between
    Waverz "Red Montipora Cap"
    Glaspie69 "Frogspawn"
    Anna "Duncan"
    The BOD voted to break the tie with Waverz winning in the tie breaking vote.
    Watch for our next contest in May....Stay tuned for details later this month.

9. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to everyone that voted for me, i can't believe we had a 3 way tie the first time around. I also can't believe i won, there were a lot of great pics to choose from.

Anyway back to diaper duty....thanks again!!!

10. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations Jeremy!   Your orange cap shot probably convinced everyone they should own one as well!

11. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Congrats Waverz, Great pic.  There were some really awesome photos in the contest. 

I had an idea the other day looking at another clubs site.  They put the winning photo for their contests up on the home page for a month.  Just wondering if it could be possible here?  Kinda an extra bonus for the winner and a goal for the people that didn't win.