1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

For Sale Getting Out Sale: Complete Starphire 99 gal rimless w/ULM corals & fish

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Fort Dodger, Aug 6, 2022.

1. NICE GEAR SALE

I'm asking 50% of best new price on all gear, but am willing to do a package deal if anyone wants it all.

I donated all of my fish and corals to Blank Park, and here is what I have left to sell:

Gear & Equipment:
    99 gal custom rimless Fiji Cube starphire glass tank (very bright/low lead)
    stand https://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/attachments/rocks-5-5-jpg.9278/
    https://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/attachments/0-1-jpeg.9432/
    Bean Animal stealth back-of-tank overflow https://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/attachments/unnamed-9-jpg.9166/
    55 gal sump
    4 big Kessil a360w Tuna Blue reef lights (with light mount)
    1 Kessil controller
    3 Ecotech MP40 Powerheads
    1 Ecotech Vectra M1 DC return pump with bad power supply
    Royal Exclusiv 800 skimmer with the high-end Italian-made pump (new pump)

Text me @ 5i5_85l_5OO2 if you are interested because I will not be checking the forum for updates.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  2. Jamie Wilson Ely

Jamie Wilson

Ely
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    Can you send me the measurements and video

3. Yep, it is 72 x 18 x 18. Just shoot me a text and I can send you video and pics

4. Update: I donated my fish and corals to Blank Park Zoo. Anyone looking to get out of the hobby should consider this. Here are the benefits of donating to Blank Park:

1. You and your family members can continue to enjoy your corals for years, but without any of the hassle of tank maintenance!

2. Thousands of other people in Iowa will be able to enjoy your fish & corals.

3. Your animals will receive better care than most hobbyists can provide, and will have space to be able to grow very large.

4. It is insulting and offensive to get those low-ball offers after you have paid so much and put so much effort into your reef tank! Selling to such a scalper makes you feel raped and you'll get very little satisfaction from accepting a paltry low offer for your nice stock that you know is worth so much more. The satisfaction you'll get from donating to Blank Park is long-lasting and memorable. The zoo staff will be extremely grateful!

5. Receive legit 501(c)(3) tax donation value to reduce your taxable income. For example, if you pay 40% in taxes, then donating $1,000 worth of corals gets you $400 in tax savings. Blank Park is a recognized non-profit and will not get you red-flagged by auditors. They provide paperwork for your donation that you can give to your tax preparer.

If anyone is interested in donating to Blank Park, feel free to text me or reach out to Blank Park directly and ask to speak with Dana. If you really want to be awesome, you can prepare an inventory list for them including the common name, scientific name, how much you paid and where you got the animal, how long you've had the animal, and any relevant care and medical history.

Thanks for considering a donation to the zoo for thousands of people in Iowa to enjoy for many years to come.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  5. Jamie Wilson Ely

Jamie Wilson

Ely
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    So this is a 99 gal, correct? Im moving into a my office, only concen is its on second floor of my house. Need to make sure I do not over do it. Prior location I could only go 48" so may be interested

6. Yes. Feel free to text me 5I5-85I-5OO2. Thanks for your interest!

7. UPDATE

The rest of this gear will be donated to Blank Park Zoo as well for tax savings.

Thank you for your interest and best wishes : )