1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Getting out, everything FS

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Anna, May 25, 2010.

1. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Posted By Anna on 05/25/2010 05:05 PM
    All prices are negotiable, I just need to get everything sold ASAP.  If any of my prices are out of line please let me know -- I haven't been checking the forums lately, and I'm really not sure what used gear is going for at the moment.   
    4 full buckets of Reef Crystals - $35 each or best offer  SOLD
    More than half full, but open bucket of RC - $15 obo  SOLD
    2 Coralvue Lumen Brite Mini reflectors (mogul sockets) - $55 each obo
    Rock:  My tank crashed awhile back, and the rock is in sorry shape (algae, would probably be best to cook it).  It still has a bunch of SPS skeletons on it from the crash -- I haven't been able to bring myself to do anything except feed the fish since the crash.  There is somewhere around 100 pounds but I don't know exactly how much there is -- it's a good amount for a 90 gal tank.  There are a few corals that came back from the crash (some zoas and blue milli which is a fairly large colony).  I also have an acan echinata frag that survived but doesn't have much color to it.  I'd like to sell all of this for $100 obo, all to the same person, bring the buckets and drive away with it.
    Fish:
    Large Magnificent Foxface - if your tank is large enough (125g 6') for him, I will give him to you for free - he is very skinny after the crash, but is not sick.  He has been slowly putting on weight, but doesn't look great.  I just want to find him a good home if possible.
    Scopas Tang - bulletproof fish, in excellent shape, really fat $15 obo
    Pair of black clowns from Sea of Marvels - I've had them for two years now, both are full barred on one side, and have a broken bar on one side.  Best offer (good home matters more than price) takes them - they're nice looking fish, and from good stock, so if a breeder is interested, that would be awesome.
    90g tank - if you can just take it without me having to clean it up, I'll take $100 obo.  I'm going to throw in the Eheim return pump and soft plumbing to the buyer.   The stand is a giant behemoth 6' long 18" or so wide.  It's not pretty.  You can take it for free with the tank, or if whoever gets the tank doesn't want it, it'll still be free for the taking.
    30g long sump - $30 obo.
    24" Sunpod 150w halide fixture w/ moonlights - $125 obo (could use a new bulb, but last I checked, it still lights up)
    2x65w 24" PC fixture w/ moonlights - $20 obo (needs both bulbs replaced)
    I have a bunch of other stuff that will be available after the living things are claimed.  Haven't thought of prices at all yet, but here's a starting point for a list:
    8x54w Sunlight Supply T5 fixture with legs (bulbs are all between 9-12 months old, should be replaced soon but still work) - $275 obo
    Aquacontroller 3 w/ DC8, pH, temp, ORP probes (all probes are original from 04/2008) - $175 obo
    Aquacontroller Aquasurf module - $100 obo
    Tunze Mini Wavebox - $200 obo
    Vortech powerhead - $275 obo
    2x Tunze 6100 with 6000 drivers for each as well, have magnet mounts (Algae Free brand) for both, but missing mounting hardware for one pump - $150 each or $275 for pair obo
    various heaters - $tbd
    Ocean Runner 3500 return pump - $35
    Lighthouse controller (was sold by Premium Aquatics, don't know if they still make them) has temp probe only, pH, ORP probe need replaced - $50 obo
    ATI Bubblemaster 200 Skimmer pump is tempermental, but only when unplugged/power outage, could be due to mesh wheel needing work, works like a champ and pulls out nasty muddy skimmate - $250 obo
    Reef Fanatic Auto Topoff - $50 obo
    Precision Marine Kalk Reactor - $150 obo
    Deltec MCE600 Hang on tank skimmer (best hang on skimmer I know of) used for 2-3 years, in storage for 1.5 years now for a future project that hasn't happened yet - $200 obo
    Window A/C unit - not reef related, but I use it in the tank room to keep it from overheating...PM for details if interested
    Large Styrofoam shipping containers I think I have at least 4 of them - free
    I will try to get together a "box 'o crap" for people to pick through when they pick stuff up as well.
    PM me if you're interested in anything, and I'll get back to you ASAP. 

I really appreciate all of the kind words from everybody!  I'm sorry to be leaving such a nice group, but it's been fun, and I've learned so much from so many of you!  I picked up the million dollar kitty from the vet today, and she seems to be doing very well (thanks for the well wishes on that!) despite having only a few teeth left (she had 14 teeth removed).  They claim that she will be much more comfortable, and have no trouble eating now that the surgery has been done, so that's great news!
    I found out yesterday at 11:00AM that I was going to be moving out of state ASAP (transferring to a different University).  The sooner the better, planning to leave as early next week as possible.  The tank is the only thing keeping me here, so I need to sell items to the first person available to pick them up.  I feel bad not being able to hold things, but I'm ready to trade these corn fields for mountains as soon as I can, and the only way to accomplish that with the tank is to do this first come first served.  I apologize for not being more clear about that in my first post!  I hope that you'll all understand though!
    The rock will have to go first, then fish, then all other equipment.  I have attempted to price everything low enough to sell quickly, and please don't be afraid to make an offer.  I didn't have time to research used prices on things, so I may be off base with some.  I really want to avoid shipping anything, but will ship items that are sturdy (not skimmers, T5 fixture, or kalk reactor) starting Monday if they haven't sold yet.
    I am trying to keep all of my PM's responded to and up to date, but I have a ton of them, and everything is a bit of a whirlwind right now organizing the move, so if I have missed you I apologize, and please let me know!
    Thanks!!!
    Anna /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

2. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    So is anyone from Des Moines headed to Iowa City for some of Anna's stuff.  I sent her a PM yesterday about the T5 lights and AC3, but I know I can't get to Iowa City.  But I've seen a number of responses from DM area folks - so thought maybe someone was headed over that way.   /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

3. Schoeny

Schoeny Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I second this... If anyone is heading out there that could grab the tank, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm still thinking about going, but I need the wife's SUV and that's not going so hot for me right now /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/blush.gif

4. waterfowler

waterfowler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll take the Aquacontroller. I sent a pm.

5. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Anna on 05/26/2010 05:34 PM
    The list above is updated for what is paid for (crossed out) or available. 

6. pondman

Davenport
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ill take the scopas if you still have him. couldnt pick up till sat though let me know thanks

7. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I am from Cedar Rapids, but I am headed to Des Moines Friday afternoon. I may be able to help you out.
    let me know if you want to try and get something worked out.

8. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need the Scopas to be picked up Friday at the latest.
    Thanks,
    Anna

9. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Posted By Anna on 05/26/2010 03:38 PM

All prices are negotiable, I just need to get everything sold ASAPCash on hand sale!  If any of my prices are out of line please let me know -- I haven't been checking the forums lately, and I'm really not sure what used gear is going for at the moment.   
    Rock:  My tank crashed awhile back, and the rock is in sorry shape (algae, would probably be best to cook it).  It still has a bunch of SPS skeletons on it from the crash -- I haven't been able to bring myself to do anything except feed the fish since the crash.  There is somewhere around 100 pounds but I don't know exactly how much there is -- it's a good amount for a 90 gal tank.  There are a few corals that came back from the crash (some zoas and blue milli which is a fairly large colony).  I also have an acan echinata frag that survived but doesn't have much color to it.  I'd like to sell all of this for $100 obo, all to the same person, bring the buckets and drive away with it.  PENDING PICK UP
    Fish:
    Large Magnificent Foxface - if your tank is large enough (125g 6') for him, I will give him to you for free - he is very skinny after the crash, but is not sick.  He has been slowly putting on weight, but doesn't look great.  I just want to find him a good home if possible. Great home found!
    Scopas Tang - bulletproof fish, in excellent shape, really fat - Free to a good home, must be 4'+ 75+ gallon tank!
    Pair of black clowns from Sea of Marvels - I've had them for two years now, both are full barred on one side, and have a broken bar on one side.  Best offer (good home matters more than price) takes them - they're nice looking fish, and from good stock, so if a breeder is interested, that would be awesome.  Great home found!
    90g tank - if you can just take it without me having to clean it up, I'll take $100 obo.  I'm going to throw in the Eheim return pump and soft plumbing to the buyer.   The stand is a giant behemoth 6' long 18" or so wide.  It's not pretty.  You can take it for free with the tank, or if whoever gets the tank doesn't want it, it'll still be free for the taking.  PENDING PICK UP
    30g long sump - $30 obo.
    24" Sunpod 150w halide fixture w/ moonlights - $125 obo (could use a new bulb, but last I checked, it still lights up)
    8x54w Sunlight Supply T5 fixture with legs (bulbs are all between 9-12 months old, should be replaced soon but still work) - $275 obo
    Aquacontroller 3 w/ DC8, pH, temp, ORP probes (all probes are original from 04/2008) - $175 obo  SOLD
    Vortech powerhead - $275 obo  SALE PENDING
    2x Tunze 6100 with 6000 drivers for each as well, have magnet mounts (Algae Free brand) for both, but missing mounting hardware for one pump - $150 each or $275 for pair obo
    various heaters - $tbd
    Ocean Runner 3500 return pump - $35  SALE PENDING

Lighthouse controller (was sold by Premium Aquatics, don't know if they still make them) has temp probe only, pH, ORP probe need replaced - $50 obo
    ATI Bubblemaster 200 Skimmer pump is tempermental, but only when unplugged/power outage, could be due to mesh wheel needing work, works like a champ and pulls out nasty muddy skimmate - $250 obo  SALE PENDING
    Reef Fanatic Auto Topoff - $50 obo  SALE PENDING
    Deltec MCE600 Hang on tank skimmer (best hang on skimmer I know of) used for 2-3 years, in storage for 1.5 years now for a future project that hasn't happened yet - $200 obo
    RO/DI unit - purchased from Melev's Reef, RO membrane 9 months old, but it has been run all that time on well water.  I should have all new filters and DI resin, comes with hand held TDS meter.  - $90 obo
    Refractometer - works but a little rusty, and needs calibrated - $5 obo
    Window A/C unit - not reef related, but I use it in the tank room to keep it from overheating...PM for details if interested
    Large Styrofoam shipping containers I think I have at least 4 of them - FREE
    I will try to get together a "box 'o crap" for people to pick through when they pick stuff up as well.
    The above list is current.  Also, I have realized that I should have labeled this thread "Cash on hand sale", and I sincerely apologize for that oversight on my part.  It wasn't my intention to upset anyone, just to sell all of my stuff as quickly as possible to the first person with cash able to come and pick it up since I need to move ASAP.  I apologize for not being as clear about that as I should have been, and hope that it hasn't caused any hard feelings, as that was absolutely not my intention.
    Thank you,
    Anna

10. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Posted By Anna on 05/27/2010 02:52 PM

Posted By Anna on 05/26/2010 03:38 PM

All prices are negotiable, I just need to get everything sold ASAPCash on hand sale!  If any of my prices are out of line please let me know -- I haven't been checking the forums lately, and I'm really not sure what used gear is going for at the moment.   

Rock:  My tank crashed awhile back, and the rock is in sorry shape (algae, would probably be best to cook it).  It still has a bunch of SPS skeletons on it from the crash -- I haven't been able to bring myself to do anything except feed the fish since the crash.  There is somewhere around 100 pounds but I don't know exactly how much there is -- it's a good amount for a 90 gal tank.  There are a few corals that came back from the crash (some zoas and blue milli which is a fairly large colony).  I also have an acan echinata frag that survived but doesn't have much color to it.  I'd like to sell all of this for $100 obo, all to the same person, bring the buckets and drive away with it.  SOLD AND PICKED UP!
    Fish:
    Large Magnificent Foxface - if your tank is large enough (125g 6') for him, I will give him to you for free - he is very skinny after the crash, but is not sick.  He has been slowly putting on weight, but doesn't look great.  I just want to find him a good home if possible. Great home found!
    Scopas Tang - bulletproof fish, in excellent shape, really fat - Free to a good home, must be 4'+ 75+ gallon tank!  PENDING PICK UP
    Pair of black clowns from Sea of Marvels - I've had them for two years now, both are full barred on one side, and have a broken bar on one side.  Best offer (good home matters more than price) takes them - they're nice looking fish, and from good stock, so if a breeder is interested, that would be awesome.  Great home found!
    90g tank - if you can just take it without me having to clean it up, I'll take $100 obo.  I'm going to throw in the Eheim return pump and soft plumbing to the buyer.   The stand is a giant behemoth 6' long 18" or so wide.  It's not pretty.  You can take it for free with the tank, or if whoever gets the tank doesn't want it, it'll still be free for the taking.  PENDING PICK UP

30g long sump - $30 obo.
      SOLD

Aquacontroller 3 w/ DC8, pH, temp, ORP probes (all probes are original from 04/2008) - $175 obo  SOLD

Vortech powerhead - $275 obo  SALE PENDING
    various heaters - $tbd

Ocean Runner 3500 return pump - $35  SALE PENDING

ATI Bubblemaster 200 Skimmer pump is tempermental, but only when unplugged/power outage, could be due to mesh wheel needing work, works like a champ and pulls out nasty muddy skimmate - $250 obo  SALE PENDING
    Reef Fanatic Auto Topoff - $50 obo  SALE PENDING
    RO/DI unit - purchased from Melev's Reef, RO membrane 9 months old, but it has been run all that time on well water.  I should have all new filters and DI resin, comes with hand held TDS meter.  - $90 obo
    Refractometer - works but a little rusty, and needs calibrated - $5 obo
    Large Styrofoam shipping containers I think I have at least 4 of them - FREE

List is up to date again!

11. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please let me know if the autotop off is still available ..thanks

12. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The ATO was picked up today.
    Thanks!
    Anna /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

13. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks to everyone who has purchased stuff so far! I have started a new thread with an updated list to make it easier to follow.
    Thanks!
    Anna /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif