1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Getting out, everything FS

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Anna, May 25, 2010.

1. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everybody -
    I'm moving soon, and also have a huge vet bill on the horizon, so I need to sell all of my tank related stuff as soon as possible.  I don't have a solid list together yet, but will add to this thread as I think of stuff.  All prices are negotiable, I just need to get rid of everything ASAP.  If any of my prices are out of line please let me know -- I haven't been checking the forums lately, and I'm really not sure what used gear is going for at the moment.   
    4 full buckets of Reef Crystals - $35 each or best offer
    More than half full, but open bucket of RC - $15 obo
    2 Coralvue Lumen Brite Mini reflectors (mogul sockets) - $55 each obo
    Rock:  My tank crashed awhile back, and the rock is in sorry shape (algae, would probably be best to cook it).  It still has a bunch of SPS skeletons on it from the crash -- I haven't been able to bring myself to do anything except feed the fish since the crash.  There is somewhere around 100 pounds but I don't know exactly how much there is -- it's a good amount for a 90 gal tank.  There are a few corals that came back from the crash (some zoas and blue milli which is a fairly large colony).  I also have an acan echinata frag that survived but doesn't have much color to it.  I'd like to sell all of this for $100 obo, all to the same person, bring the buckets and drive away with it.
    Fish:
    Large Magnificent Foxface - if your tank is large enough (125g 6') for him, I will give him to you for free - he is very skinny after the crash, but is not sick.  He has been slowly putting on weight, but doesn't look great.  I just want to find him a good home if possible.
    Scopas Tang - bulletproof fish, in excellent shape, really fat $15 obo
    Pair of black clowns from Sea of Marvels - I've had them for two years now, both are full barred on one side, and have a broken bar on one side.  Best offer (good home matters more than price) takes them - they're nice looking fish, and from good stock, so if a breeder is interested, that would be awesome.
    90g tank - if you can just take it without me having to clean it up, I'll take $100 obo.  The stand is a giant behemoth 6' long 18" or so wide.  It's not pretty.  You can take it for free with the tank, or if whoever gets the tank doesn't want it, it'll still be free for the taking.
    30g long sump - $30 obo.
    24" Sunpod 150w halide fixture w/ moonlights - $125 obo (could use a new bulb, but last I checked, it still lights up)
    2x65w 24" PC fixture w/ moonlights - $20 obo (needs both bulbs replaced)
    I have a bunch of other stuff that will be available after the living things are claimed.  Haven't thought of prices at all yet, but here's a starting point for a list:
    8x54w Sunlight Supply T5 fixture with legs
    Aquacontroller
    Aquacontroller Aquasurf
    Tunze Mini Wavebox
    Vortech powerhead
    2x Tunze 6100 with 6000 drivers for each as well
    various heaters
    Lighthouse controller (was sold by Premium Aquatics, don't know if they still make them)
    ATI Bubblemaster skimmer
    auto topoff unit
    kalk reactor
    PM me if you're interested in anything, and I'll get back to you ASAP. 
    Thanks!
    Anna /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif 

2. paulk

paulk Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be interested in the kalk reactor and auto top off. PM me and let me know what you are asking. Maybe a heater as well

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll take the salt.

--AJ

4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    pm sent about tank

5. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anna sorry to hear you are leaving the hobby. I'm interested in the vortech!

6. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By B-Rad on 05/25/2010 06:21 PM
    I'm intrested in the vortec.

7. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where are you located. I have a terrific spot for the foxface.

8. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I should have all PM's responded to. I live in Iowa City. If you have a good place for Mr. Foxy please PM me and tell me about it!!

Thanks!
    Anna /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

9. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Anna I tried really hard to convince my wife that we needed those black clowns but she would go for it

10. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh come on...Good price for you today!  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

11. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If anyone from Des Moines is going that way I have a place for the foxface.. It's a 250 Deep Dimension. I would also be interested in the Scopas but not sure how it would get along with my Sailfin, I might be interested in the Black Clowns to depending on your the price. I'm laid off work so money is tight and I just can't justify driving that far.

12. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah, sorry to hear your selling it all off /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif Hope your puppy is going to be ok? I might be interested in your Tunze stuff; wish I had the big tank up as I could use the rock, but don't think I want to deal with cooking that much rock. If you need help taking anything down, let me know and I can come help!

13. cowdust9

cowdust9 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how long and how much for the 8x54w Sunlight Supply T5 fixture with legs?

14. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is the 90 sold yet? I might be interested, do you have measurements of the stand? Trying to figure out whether it will fit in the back of the truck together or not.

Sorry to hear about vet bills /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif What happened?

15. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Pm sent. I'm interested in the two lumen brights and the wave box

16. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear your getting out Anna. You'll be back. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/wink.gif

17. rc1214b

rc1214b

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Waverz on 05/25/2010 10:04 PM
    Sorry to hear your getting out Anna. You'll be back. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/wink.gif
    Also sorry to hear you are getting out.... Hope everything works out for you Anna

18. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry you are leaving Anna. Which Bubblemaster do you have?

19. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    PM Sent. I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. I hope everything works out for you in the move and settling your vet bills. I know how they can add up.

20. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm interested in the rock and any zoas. Pm on its way.