1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Gered`s 12G NanoCube DX

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gered, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just thought I would throw some pictures up sense a few other nanos were posted.  Mine has been running roughly 2 and a half months now.  Sorry for the dirty glass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. champ23

champ23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How have the snails been doing? Besides knocking everything over?

3. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Picked up some stuff while home this weekend.  I got these from a guy in Ankeny that has a tank in his restaurant .  Pretty nice setup.
    Name anyone?
    [​IMG]
    Candycane
    [​IMG]
    And just a random
    [​IMG]

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't have a name for them, but they look nice. BTW, what brand of bulbs do you have in your Nanocube? Any particular preference? I found a really good price on some 50/50's but I don't know how good they are.... http://www.innovativelights.com/ils-10025.html $8.99 each.

--AJ

5. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I got a message back from the guy and he said they were Sunfire Zoos. I would check out nanotuners.com. They have some bulbs that are supposed to be pretty good to replace the stocks with. I have just stock lighting right now but I plan on doing one of the nanotuner upgrades probably this winter or maybe getting a bigger sized nano tank only and doing some high strength lighting. Then just use this tank for fish only.

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just placed an order with them today....for stuff that I couldn't get anywhere else.  They seem to be really overpriced on most stuff.  I ordered some from the site I listed and got two purchased and shipped for about the same as they charge for 1.  I hope that they are good...one of the reasons why I would love to see the club get a PAR meter.  I would love to be able to compare the various bulbs so that I know who to re-order from. 
    Don't get me wrong, I know that there is some R&D that goes into some of their products, but good greif, they have a pretty large markup on many of their items....and shipping is not cheap either.  Be careful with the hinges on your NC...they're $16 to replace and only JBJ and Nanotuners sell them!  And the moonlight fix is $24...quite a bit for a 12V DC transformer, a few wires and a rubber plug. 
    I will admit, they have some really cool lighting mods and I like the fact that they do so much to keep everything enclosed in the cube (like their skimmers and stuff).
    --AJ