1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

GBTA split today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jsprague, Feb 28, 2009.

1. jsprague

jsprague

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My GBTA finally split today, here are some pictures.
    /Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/split.jpg
    /Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/split2.jpg
    /Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/split3.jpg
    /Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/split4.jpg
    /Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/split5.jpg
    /Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/split6.jpg
    /Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/split5.jpg

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    That's awesome, but just a word of warning... I see a maxi-jet mod there. If one of those anenome's gets too close to that, you will have anenome soup!

I speak from 1st hand experience (twice!).

-JB

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow..that is awesome. Thanks for passing along the pics. How big was it before it split? How big are each of the halves? Did this happen after a water change or just out of the blue with no triggering event that you're aware of?

--AJ

4. jsprague

jsprague

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The GBTA was about 10-12" before it split.  Just last week I moved from a 75 gal tank to a 150 gal.  Also, I quit feeding him for the last 2 or 3 weeks.  before that, I consistently fed him large silversides every other day(sometimes everyday).  The most interesting thing, is just 2 days ago, my wife suprised me with two maroon clowns that immediatly hosted in this anemony.  Not really sure what exactly caused him to split, but I think shaking things up a bit definatly helped! 

5. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Big water changes help them to split. I tried with my RBTA, but it didn't work for me. So maybe all that new water and maybe some stress caused it to split. Better chance of survival if there's two instead of one.