1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Garage Sale Questions.........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phishcrazee, Jan 16, 2008.

1. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering..........
    1.  Is each person responsible for the sale and collection of money from their items?
    2.  Are the profits for the club or for each seller?
    3.  Is it strictly dry goods?  Can I sell something like macro algae or cookies?
    Thanks!

2. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi

Thanks for the questions, I am sure others are wondering the same.

This sale is not a club fund raiser so everyone is completely responsible for their own goods. The club is not charging anything for selling or taking a percentage at all.

The profits are the sellers...no strings attached, however, if anyone wanted to make a donation to the club it would be greatly appreciated!

MMM cookies....The sale was set up as a dry goods sale, so we are not set up to handle water or wet items. I would say if you have prior arrangements to give/sell some wet items and can keep them from getting the tables and floor wet I dont have a problem with it. We need to maximize the times when we can all get together. I think we should have the other BOD members chime in on this...I know we DONT want this to be a frag sale/swap we have those scheduled for 2 events later this year.

eins

3. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Cookies are a good idea, but they will have to be sampled by the club president.

Bill is spot on with what he posted. Its yours to sell and keep the profits. No wet or dirty items on the tables. Prearranged sales of livestock are fine, but again, try to keep them in a cooler, etc so there is no mess to deal with.

Billy

4. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    eins, thanks for answering Fawn's questions. I agree with you on all it. Below is an excerpt from the announcement made from a couple weeks ago.

"Dry goods garage sale - Free to everyone, no buying or selling fees. Bring on the goods! Please be respectful of the meeting space and make sure items are clean and dry."

5. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It might not be a bad idea to have a GIRS "tip" container or something available for those of us that would like to donate back part of our sales  or anyone that might feel so inclined.  It would be easier than trying to track down someone to give money to.  Just an idea.

6. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Robyn

I think we already have something lined up just for that.

eins

7. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  8. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By slovan on 01/16/2008 4:49 PM
    You can also donate via Paypal.  treasurer@greateriowareefsociety.org /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif src="/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>
    I'm not even sure panhandling is legal in Iowa without a permit, or is that just in Bettendorf that you have to have a $25 permit to panhandle?

9. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's okay to panhandle since we are a non-profit organization. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif