1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Galaxy coral

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coral_bandit, Oct 21, 2009.

1. coral_bandit

coral_bandit Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wondered if anyone had any say about the coral. I have a nice tank raised green on pink frag from http://www.fishheadsinc.com
    It is up in the 3/4-7/8 of the tank. It has its sweeper tentacle out and the edges are expanding rapidly. Just if anyone had any extra care/advice on it.

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey CB,

I have 2 of these in my tank.

They like bright light & low flow. You dont hear that combination very often.

They higher the flow the more & longer the sweepers will string out to sting the neighbors. It is a very potent sting too!

GL
    Craig

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Galaxia corals sweepers can exceed 12 inches in length. I swear I have personally seen one out and about the tank extending over 18inches!!! Take this into account when you decide where to place this coral. A lot of people place them so that the flow blows their sweepers into the glass or in a direction that is uninhabited by other corals.

4. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had a beautiful one that I'd raised from a small frag. It's sweepers got so long that I had to elimate it, sorry to say. Just make sure it can't touch any other corals because it has a very powerful sting and will win against most other corals.