1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

FT: Dolphin Pump

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by snowman82, Sep 22, 2009.

1. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well we are moving so my basement sump isn't going to happen.  which means my 1600gph overflow isn't going to be able to handle 3800gph pump  so looking to trade for something that will be more suitable around the 1500gph or so range, internal or external.  let me know what you got 
    oh my dolphin is an Ampmaster3000  it is used i bought it used and have not even fired it up.

2. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have that panworld 1200gph pump sitting around someplace in a box, if you need that. Don;t really need the beefy pump you have but if you want to trade at least you will get some use out of mine. Let me tack on some pics,,, [​IMG]

3. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  4. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is an NH150PS model pump, forgot to add that. Looking at the specs it is actually 1100gph, not 1200 as I said before.

5. nielsen2773

nielsen2773 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Snowman put a good ball valve on it and choke down the flow it works great thats what I did.Its easier to turn the valve and adjust your flow than to have not enough by down sizing.jmo.

6. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hmm that is true, i already have the ball valves for it. i forgot they can be throttled back.

7. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The only downside with throttling back that much is the wasted energy but it does leave you the option of using it to it's full potential later.

8. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah and i have thought about using a couple SCWD's with it too or multiple loc-lines so that will reduce it quite a bit too. so i guess i dont really need to get rid of it, anyone else ignore this post i'm a moron :)

9. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey at least you didnt sell it and then figure it out!

ps you can keep your chokey ball valve to yourself Ryan!