1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

fs or trade: gonipora aka flowerpot coral....

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Jtown, May 29, 2009.

1. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Have a metalic green flower pot coral or goniopora id like to sell or trade. My clowns have started hosting it after finally getting the thing healthy and opening up all the way so its constantly aggrivated now and the minute it opens up the clowns go bury themselves in it and it gets mad. Its an extremely beautiful coral and probly one of my absolute favorites but Id rather take a loss and have it go to a happy home than let it slowly go downhill and deteriorate.
    There was a previous thread about these guys and how they can be a difficult coral to keep so just an fyi they are touchy and need lots of tlc and you must spot feed oyster eggs regularly to keep em happy. I paid 70$ for it a few months ago so would like to get 35$ for it or would make a trade a few frags.
    I still dont have a camera but im in DSM area if want to look. I need to get it out asap before my clowns kill it. The LFS told me that may happen and if so you want to get it out of there or it most likely wont survive.
    Let me know friends.....
    Thanks for looking!!!

2. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I have one of these that I got at Bobo's close out sale. It seems to have stabilized at about half its original size. I started target feeding with Coral Frenzy and Cyclop-eez every other day and it seems to be getting some good from them. Hopefully it's turned the corner and will begin to grow again.

A neat coral, but be prepared!

3. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Throw some oyster eggs in your spot feeding cycle and you will see a HUGE difference. Some gonipora gurus say thats the only thing to feed them and they will do great. That and cyclopeeze are what I use and thats how I nursed mine back to good health.

4. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i want it :)

5. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Umm....why not just get rid of the clowns?
    -Eric

6. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well because I want to sell the coral instead. Thanks Tho....

7. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chris if you want it then its all yours...

8. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure Chris, these have a VERY high mortality rate? They are rated Expert only, Adams should not have sold it to Justin. No offense to either of you you, Justin and I have discussed the issue.

9. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So does that mean you want to trade me a few frags for it Joel??? It has a better chance of surviving without being tortured by fish every 5 minutes tho thats for sure!

10. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have looked at these, they are a very nice coral but they are suppose to be very hard to care for. I was also very close to buying one at Adams but I was told at the time they are hard to care for...

Justin is doing the right thing and trying to move it somewhere it has a better chance of survival. There has to be someone here that has to be someone here to keep this in their tank!!

11. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, two things: 1. I don't consider myself an expert or I would have offered when I stopped over. 2. I really don't have room. If Chris decides not to attempt such a difficult coral and no one else wants to try it I will. I will be honest though they make me nervous. I really hate loosing anything. It depresses me.
    Hey, are you and Jeanette coming up tomorrow?

12. mralanjones

mralanjones Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you still want the k 2's i have been tring to get in touch with you

13. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joel I sent you PM.... Alan sent you PM too...

14. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    true. I will attempt it, i have to spot feed anyways so why not put all my spot feeders in one area? my pink carnation coral is still alive so i think i have somewhat of a chance haha a buddy of mine has a flower pot and honestly i dont know how it is alive, he dont know anything really about his tank which is why he has went through alot of livestock

15. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    SOLD! Chris came and picked this up a little bit ago. Thanks for all the replys and for looking everybody...