1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Free to good home

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by wesly2007, May 4, 2009.

1. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I M moving to Cedar Rapids this weekend and I really need to get rid of my Gold Stripe Maroon Clown pair.  I hate to have to do this but need them out.  I have had them for about three years and the guy I got them from I think said he had them for four year. 
    Like I said to good home.  I would prefer if they went to someone with a tank that has been set up for quite a while.  we will see how well that goes. 
    oh one more thing they are a misbar pair with all three striped only going about half way down the sides.  the female is about 5 inches and the male is just less than 3 inches i would guess.

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    If no one takes it I could put them in my sump, there's already a tang down there so they'd have plenty of company. I could probably throw in a few frags just for compensation. But hopefully someone will put them in there display.

3. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Wess, Ill take em. Ive got a huge anemone they could call home. Are they very aggressive?
    Either way get a hold of me and we'll work something out.
    Josh

4. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hey Josh, you could have one and I could have one! That way both our gold stripe maroons have pairs! My 3" GSM clown is the only one of my clowns smart enough to host an anemone, so I'm lookin for another one it's size and gonna sell all the other clowns... I'll have a 1.5" B+W perc, two 1.5" false percs, and one 1.5" GSM for sale if any of you are interested, including you wes.

5. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By adampottebaum on 05/04/2009 07:28 PM
    Hey Josh, you could have one and I could have one! That way both our gold stripe maroons have pairs! My 3" GSM clown is the only one of my clowns smart enough to host an anemone, so I'm lookin for another one it's size and gonna sell all the other clowns... I'll have a 1.5" B+W perc, two 1.5" false percs, and one 1.5" GSM for sale if any of you are interested, including you wes.
    OMG STOOOOOPPPPP!!!!
    OK, first...  NEVER split a happy pair of clowns...  Not a nice or smart thing to do, especially to maroons.
    Second...  The reason your 3 inch is the only "smart" one is because the rest are smart enough to know that if they go near her home the 3 inch will kick their asses.
    Third...  Maroons are notoriously hard to pair.  The key is to take a dominant female (your 3inch) and add a 1-1.5 juvenile.  If you add two large marrons together you are more than likely adding a female to a female and will have a bloody war on your hands.

6. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My small clowns have been in my tank for a good year and have never even thought about touching one of the anemones. I've only had the maroon in my tank for 2 months or so and the day I put it in there it went straight for the anemones. That is why I called it the only smart one.

I agree on not splitting the clowns up though. Josh could take both of Wes' maroons and I could take his single maroon, if Wes even still has them...

7. Doubledn

Doubledn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If you still have your clowns I have a nice home for them.I have a well established reef tank @ 350 gallons.