1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Free TDS Meter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigBlue, Nov 11, 2007.

1. nielsen2773

nielsen2773 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got mine yesterday That thing is flippin sweeeet!

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Got mine, pretty nice meter.

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I sure hope I get mine tomorrow!

4. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Still waiting....

5. jvonthun

jvonthun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So, do these things measure acurately for you guys?  I got mine yesterday and measured my water for the first time ever,  i measured my Tap water in CR at 50ppm and my RO/DI with really old filters and exauhsted DI resin at 5ppm.  Those numbers both seemed low to me.  Could be user errer though.  I did not read the instructions.

6. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just turned it on and tested. My RO/DI tested at 1 in my trash can which seems right. I didn't test directly from the DI nor did I test anything else.

7. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I got mine today and it is every bit as nice as the one I bought of ebay for more than 10.00 I can tell you. The water coming out of my RO/DI unit reads 38  and my tap water is 830.  Galva water sucks big time but I knew that already.   I bought a new RO/DI unit but hubby hasn't gotten it in yet.  He's going to tie it into the water/ice maker on our fridge so we can have decent drinking water too.  I think showing him the results might light a fire under him (especially since the EPA says anything over 500 is not acceptable.)   Be grateful if you live in an area with decent water.  Oh, and that was tap water too, no well.

8. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By RobynT on 11/21/2007 5:20 PM
    Well I got mine today and it is every bit as nice as the one I bought of ebay for more than 10.00 I can tell you. The water coming out of my RO/DI unit reads 38  and my tap water is 830.  Galva water sucks big time but I knew that already.   I bought a new RO/DI unit but hubby hasn't gotten it in yet.  He's going to tie it into the water/ice maker on our fridge so we can have decent drinking water too.  I think showing him the results might light a fire under him (especially since the EPA says anything over 500 is not acceptable.)   Be grateful if you live in an area with decent water.  Oh, and that was tap water too, no well.
    Wow, your water is worse then mine, which is pretty tough to do. If your water after DI is 38 it is done. My DI consumption is terrible since I moved out here since the water quality is so bad.
    Also, I made quite an improvement to my water production and after RO TDS by adding the booster pump to the system.

9. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have some TDS calibration solution that I can test its accuracy with when mine arrives......Stay Tuned!!

Eins

10. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    QC crew must have to wait... Still waiting on mine also.

11. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Travis on 11/22/2007 12:09 AM
    QC crew must have to wait... Still waiting on mine also.
    no i got mine 4-5 days ago , im in bettendorf.

12. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    got mine today

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol to manny peole jumped on that lol