1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

frags to trade in the des moines area

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Rustin, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have some candycane, button polyps, and green star polyp frags if anyone wants to trade in the des moines area.

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey, if you don't find anyone to trade there are many in the area that will have frags of about anything you want . Especially for a new member we will have some good deals. [​IMG] Just post in here what you may be looking for and I a sure you can find what you want.

3. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats awesome I would love to get some sps frags.  So yeah, back to the main point here I would love to buy some sps coral I would love some kind of cup or plate corals as well as some acropora and some bright zoes. Let me know if you have frags for sale I would love to buy em.

Thanks
    ps Im new to the hobby.

4. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I personally have several Acros and a few zoos. Here is a quick short list, most about $10:
    Tri-Color Valida (Acro)
    Green Slimer (Acro)
    Pink Birdsnest
    Hydronophora (VERY Aggressive but so are plates)
    Watermelon Chalice ($$)
    Rainbow Monti
    Toadstool
    Zelda Zoos
    That's all that comes to mind right now.

5. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Adams Aquatics policy on frag trading is a little funny but it is because of the insurance company that he uses. Also because of past bad experences. I dont know why they dont get involved w/GIRS?

6. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    He and Scott view us as a threat. They can't touch our prices on corals or used equipment, so they shun us. Problem is, like any business, we are reality and are not going away. Just like walmart isn't going away and internet shopping isn't going away although their competition wish they would. The local shops would be much better off to embrace us like stores in other areas of the state. Then we would be more than glad to promote them here like the others.

7. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey jtesdall, I'm in ames and would like a few things you have. I'd even more so like to have a look at your aquarium. Maybe we can arrange something sometime.

8. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sure, I am about 30 minutes from you just north of E18. Let me know a time that works for you.

9. Garrett

Garrett Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its too bad they think that way.  The fact that we have a reef club is one of the reasons I set up my reef.  One of my favorite things about reefing is growing out corals and trading frags.  If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have a tank.  Just about everybody that has a tank is going to spend some money at the LFS.

10. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You are exactly right Garrett. I have had some business discussions with Scott, I am going to see if I can convince him.