1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Frag tank pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruggerkc, Jul 29, 2009.

1. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Looking good man, is that crushed coral on the bottom of the tank?

3. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    It might be this stuff. I wanted something fast and since petco is about the only option.

http://www.petco.com/product/105564/Nature-s-Ocean-Coral-Substrate.aspx?CoreCat=LN_Shopping_FishSupplies_GravelandSubstrates

4. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    You are gonna wanna make sure and keep that stuff clean, over time it could build up with detrutis and leach nitrates and phosphates causing water problems. It's like putting gravel in a tank w/o a under gravel filter, I am sure you have seen what happens when you do that, not good.

Also, it could just be the pics but your SPS is looking sorta faded, could be from lack of nutrients??? Remember, corals need food too.

How big is that tank anyway? Should be freekin sweet when things grow in a bit more.

5. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    That substrate will not make the move to the display. I will have some sand though, and I am sure Carrie will make sure I have plenty of gobies and blennys to keep the sand in constant movement.

I try to feed reef chili almost every night and rods food when I think of it, usually on the weekends. The SPS looks better than the LPS. I have 2 little frag tanks that are 24x20 by 15 or 17. I have them jammed together so they look like a short 75.

My display is a 120 oceanic tech. oh I have a pic on my rock work.......

6. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Casey, when are you gettin that display going? I wanna see that all set up!

7. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, your frag tank looks nicer than many display tanks I have seen hehe

9. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    ME TOO
    I hope pretty soon. I need to set up a bigger sump. I have it in the back of my truck, but when I will make time to get it working I don't know.

10. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Thanks, it definitely looks better than my old display did.

11. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Looks like you have some nice starters, we will have to make some trades one of these days.

Nice looking clowns!

12. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    [​IMG][​IMG]