1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Frag glue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wayne1, Dec 26, 2007.

1. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    alot of times after glueing a frag and placing it in the tank the air caught in the frag plug can bubble out and cause the super glue to bubble, this usually gets all over the frag and causes dead spots in the frag. I usually just set my frags out of water for a minute or two to give the glue ample time to dry. And Sone that acetone incident was long before the sunset incident, always pointing out my incidences.......here comes a complex

2. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    You must be using ceramic frag plugs then, why not soak them before you use them so they don't bubble or better yet buy precured agrocrete ones... checkout my website.[​IMG]

3. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess I was refering to what glaspie69 was saying. If the glue is not totally dry puting it in rightside up will cause the glue and maybe airbubbles to float up into and onto the corals. If the coral is put in upside down the glue and or bubles move away from the corals causing no harm to them.

4. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That Duro glue is awesome stuff. It lasts forever compared to dollar store crap.. Thanks Sone