1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

For Sale: Nintendo Wii Drive Key Mod Chip

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Waverz, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    For sale is a Wii Drive Key Mod Chip.  It allows you to play backups of your Nintendo Wii games incase the originals are scratched or damaged.  This chip is simple to install, requires no soldering, and only take about 15 minutes to install.  Comes with chip, cable and triwing screwdriver.
    I bought 3 of these to get a price break and I will sell if for what I paid which is $50.
    Here is a link to the site for more info: Drive Key Web Page
    PM me if interested, can ship for free if interested.

2. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Wow didnt know they had these. Might be interested if someone can shoot me a message on how to back up games

3. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Torrents /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Gered, I can point you in the right direction. Buyer beware...different Wii's require different chips. Make sure you know what you need before you buy.

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Actually, this version of drive key has the X4 diode and is 100% compatible with all versions of the Wii.

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's cool...a few of the newer ones are like that.  I know the D2Sun is like that too, but you still need to research what model you have so that you can correctly set the dip switches on the chip.  Most of the older chips are specific to the model that you have.
    Also, you should allocate plenty of time to do the install.  There's a lot of small parts and I think install time is probably more like 1 to 2 hours.  Still, if you have kids that scratch all of the games that get purchased, it's a worthy investment.
    --AJ

7. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Small parts? Nope, you take out a bunch of screws, i guess they are small, and remove a couple covers. After that you just hook up a ribbon cable and put it back together. All the directions are on the webpage WITH PICTURES, and are very easy to follow.

AJ, are you not wanting me to sell this or something? I know one thing is for sure, you aren't helping.

Anyway, still for sale.

8. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Heh, he is probably just throwing out a warning to someone that has no clue what they are doing. I have the older solder-in wiikey and it works great. Didn't know they had a solderless chip on the market. Kind of makes me want to get another wii for the bedroom!

9. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I had no clue what I was doing before I bought this chip, like I said the directions were EASY!

At this point I just want this thing gone along with this thread.

How about this. Someone make me a reasonable offer and I'll get it in the mail.