1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

For sale - Biocube, mantis, big fish, etc.

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Ball, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Ball

Ball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have too many projects going on and not enough time. So, I have a few items for sale to ease my workload. Im located in Oskaloosa, Ia. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
    Item 1: A 14 gallon Oceanic biocube with matching Oceanic stand. The stand and tank are in great condition. The hood has a couple quirks however. One of the 2 lights doesn’t light all the time and the built it moonlights are a little touchy coming on sometimes. I don’t think it’s a big problem and can be corrected, but I just haven’t had the time to take it apart and investigate. Currently it houses a peacock mantis shrimp. The tank has a few pieces of live rock for the mantis den and that’s it. I will sell the tank/stand combo alone or sell it with the Mantis.
    Tank and stand = $120
    [​IMG]
    Item 2: Female Peacock Mantis shrimp. She is huge! I would say a good 6”+. I have had her for around 3 years or so. Very healthy and a joy to watch and feed. It would be very hard to find a Mantis this big and beautiful locally. I would love to keep her, but I don’t have the time to enjoy her.
    Mantis - $40
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Item 3: Porcupine puffer. I had the puffer for over 3 years. I have a FO tank in the basement and don’t have enough time to enjoy it. The fish is very healthy. I would say its 6”+ in length. If you want a fish with personality, this is the fish for you. It will greet you when you come around and follow you everywhere. It has an unstoppable appetite and looks forward to feeding time. You cant own a more enjoyable, funny fish.
    Puffer - $35
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Item 4: Humu Picasso Trigger. The trigger is over 3 years old. Its been in the tank with the Puffer for all 3 years. They are buds. They like to race to see who can eat the chunks of shrimp first. This fish is really pretty and fun to watch as well. Its around 4”-5” in length and has a lot or girth. Strong fish. Its has an addiction to snails, so if you have any, they will eaten. Its not aggressive to other fish however.
    Trigger - $30
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Combo deal: Buy the Puffer and Trigger together for $50.
    Item 5: Colony of brown with blue tips milliepora. Im running out of room in the SPS tank and need to make room for new corals. I would guess its around 8” in diameter and around 6”-7” in height. Ive had it a good 4 years. It grows at a nice pace and would do a great job in helping to fill in someone’s tank.
    Coral - $30
    [​IMG]

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, great prices!

3. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i wish you didn't live so far away or i would be interested in the mantis. i have one and it is one of the best pets i have ever owned!!!!

4. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wish I had room for a fish only tank. I love triggers /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

5. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Does the tank have a skimmer in the hood?

6. Ball

Ball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There is not a skimmer.

7. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PM sent

8. Ball

Ball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Still available. See first post for descriptions (please read carefully):
    * 14 gallon Oceanic Bio cube and stand combo
    * Mantis shrimp
    * Big colony of milliepora
    Currently the mantis shrimp is living in the 14 gallon bio cube. Its a perfect fit, so it would be great to sell the shrimp and tank together. However, if anyone wants the tank seperate from the shrimp, they may have to wait until the mantis shrimp is sold as I have no where else to put the shrimp. If you buy the tank with the Mantis, it will include the sand and live rock in the tank, unless you dont want it.

9. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    PM sent

10. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That mantis tank is incredible. I wish I had room for it! A beautiful specimen. What do you feed the mantis?

11. Ball

Ball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its a fun tank.  I  feed the Mantis raw shrimp 99% of the time.  I have fed it silversides and other various meaty foods.

12. ckoeppel

ckoeppel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you still have the milliepora?  I would be interested.  Thanks!