1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Flooded my apartment

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by wrighte, Oct 29, 2008.

1. wrighte

wrighte Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So my mag 3 pump came off of my skimmer and put about 5 gallons of water on the floor a couple nights ago. Water hit the outlet and everything stopped working. I'm lucky I don't have any casualties from it. I changed the water twice since friday and again today. Having an algae bloom right now.     So does anyone want an Aqua C Remora skimmer?  I know it wasn't clamped tight enough but my wife still wants it gone. make an offer also have a 24" current nova extreme that's been sitting around make an offer

2. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    duuuuuuuuuude,
    that sucks. I never had that happen when i had it hooked up. I'll take the skimmer for 20 bucks lol. Maybe I will have to come by your place sometime and look at all the stuff you want to get rid of. Text me when you work next.

3. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I may be interested in the skimmer.... does it come with the pump? Will you ship?

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I assume that light is a T5? How old are the bulbs? Are you sure it 24", I don't see that size listed.

5. wrighte

wrighte Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I measured it again to verify for you. It is 24" T5 96watt  2 10k bulbs, 2 actinic and 2 white leds about a year and a half old used only about 9 months. I couldn't find it  when i tried searching it. let me know what you think