1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

flatworms??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calebjk, Apr 4, 2008.

1. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i turned on the light in my sump and saw these things retreating. i think they are flatworms but i would like some verification.
    [​IMG]
    i'm going to use the yellow damsel method of treatment, so if anybody has one they want to get rid of just bring it to the frag swap.
    ~caleb

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, those are flatworms. I believe the clear ones are harmless, but I could be wrong.

-JB

3. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have had those as well. I did not treat for them. They went away after the tank matured and their food source was gone.

4. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By BGreenlee on 04/04/2008 9:45 PM
    I have had those as well. I did not treat for them. They went away after the tank matured and their food source was gone.
    this tank has been running for 1.5 years.. what is their food source?

5. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, flatworms are not always a bad thing.... some people have them in their tank and their numbers keep in check and there's never a problem. The problem comes when they multiply out of control and they can literally be covering everything in your tank. I believe they eat microscopic algaes such as the green film algae etc.