1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? flatworm exit question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wesly2007, Apr 20, 2016.

1. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'm just wondering if anyone has had success with this product with inverts kept in the tank. I don't have anywhere to put my shrimp and crabs so I would be dosing flatworm exit with them in the tank. I would really like to avoid losing my inverts if possible. I did buy a six line wrasse that I'm going to try before putting any chemicals in the tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Wes

2. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    I have used it with a serpent starfish. Crabs snails and a cleaner shrimp they all lived and that was with me overdosing the meds too

3. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Good to know

4. AndrewAcropora

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I've had good success with this product. Just follow the directions exactly, except perhaps increase the dosage 15% or less, depending on your infestation level. The only thing that was bothered in my tank was my cerith snails--which all came to the top of the sandbed and extended themselves as if paralyzed. Most recovered just fine. I have heard others say this as well.

The product works almost instantly. It's a wild sight.

5. chromess 01

chromess 01

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Ive heard bad things about nems with this product. Others say no problems. Seems when the flatworms die they release a toxin. If you dont do a waterchange shortly after is when things start to suffer. I havent used it so I cant say for sure. I had the clear/white ones when I first started my tank. Had a yellow coris for awhile and didnt see them again.

6. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    Yea i got 2 nem in my tank and both did fine i didnt notice anything wrong. I do wait for a while after I put on the treatment i wait longer than I should 20 or 30 mins then do a water change and turn in some carbon to suck out the treatment and poison that the flat worms release when they die. And i leave the carbon running for about a week. But your spouse to do the treatment every 3 days I think till the problem is gone.