1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

FishBrain`s build thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FishBrain, Feb 20, 2010.

1. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Posted By bobsfish on 04/03/2010 10:54 PM
    Great pics. I need to get down there to see your setup !!
    Thanks! I'm getting a little better with my new camera. Anytime you want to stop by just let me know.
    -Bill

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Posted By Shaun on 04/04/2010 11:34 PM
    If you keep taking pics regular you will be able to page through them and see it like time lapse. Would bee really cool to see. Guess you gots to post at least one full tank shot a week for say six months? Sounds good. You up to the challange there Bill? Shaun I don't know sounds like a lot of pictures and I know for a fact that I would forget. Also it will be more dramatic to see the 6th month groth all at once.
    -Bill

3. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking good Bill! Maybe I can get down there to see it in person if we have a southern tank tour in June /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any word on those LPS you have coming from Cali?

5. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Posted By phishcrazee on 04/05/2010 11:10 AM
    Any word on those LPS you have coming from Cali? Well the guy i'm dealing with in this situation is a supreme bonehead!!!  He sent the second shipment last week via USPS contrary to our agreement again. And this time was even worse the shippment was missent and took 3 days this time. So what arived was 11 bags of stinking brown water with dead frags in them and one hardy little frag that made it through. This bonehead that i'm dealing with is going to send another shipment this week and guess how he insists on sending it USPS of corse. So out of 24 top notch frags he has sent I have 5 that made it through. This whole deal is makeing me seriously question wether or not it is realy worth the hassle to buy from people on RC anymore.
    -Bill

6. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow! Must be missing a few screws to keep sending it via the post office.....weird! Why won't he send it any other way, does he say? Its like he's sending the coral to their death the way he's doing it. Does he get to file a claim with the PO or something if they don't make it? He's got to be getting something out of sending it this way?

7. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Posted By phishcrazee on 04/05/2010 11:54 AM
    Wow! Must be missing a few screws to keep sending it via the post office.....weird! Why won't he send it any other way, does he say? Its like he's sending the coral to their death the way he's doing it. Does he get to file a claim with the PO or something if they don't make it? He's got to be getting something out of sending it this way? Yea he is deff missing some screws!! He says it is more convienent for him to ship it this way. I don't see how it is more convienent to kill shipment after shipment and have to keep resending it.[​IMG] 

8. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is he insuring it for some crazy amount and then filing a claim when it doesn't get there alive? Is it supposed to be overnight via the PO? I can't see how it would benefit him either to keep sending these this way, unless he's filing claims for the stuff when it doesn't make it. That'd be the only way it'd be a money maker for him.......if he's not doing something like that, he's just plain goofy /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

9. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    I don't think he is doing anything like that He is just goofy. Well I just hope enough of them make it on this round that
    I can be done with it. Oh on a brighter note that lps i got from you pulled through it has a mouth now and is growing nicely.

10. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0

Here are a few pics of the carpet anemone I got yesterday. Oh and finely got all my chalices from the guy on RC I guess third times a charm I'll post some pics of the chalices tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now if I can just get my clowns to notice it They don't seem to know they are supose to live in a anemone.

11. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    What you guys don't like my nem? Not much to report other than a small cayno outbreak that I got cleared up in about a week other than that all is good. I have never seen growth like this in my sps the lumen brights and mp40 are my far the best money I have ever spent on my tank!
    -Bill

12. Strong

Strong

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    carpet anemones are cool. if I had a bigger week I would think about getting one.

13. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    With the way everything is growing you will be trimming and fragging in less time than that cause you will be out of room. Shaun

14. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Posted By Strong on 04/22/2010 09:08 AM
    carpet anemones are cool. if I had a bigger week I would think about getting one.
    They are very cool! It is a nice contrast to all the sps and it brings some movement to the tank.

15. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Oh crap I have been moveing stuff around in my photo bucket I didn't know that would erase my pics in my thread. I guess I better move stuff to it's proper place before posting pics from now on. Oh and found this hitch hiker the other night it came in with the carpet nem.

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss63/BUY_BAFF/001-4-1.jpg

16. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    I woke up to a nice suprise today. My clowns have finely moved into the carpet anemone. I moved the nem and the clowns to the prop set-up about a week ago because the nem was geting way to big for my DT. The clowns have been slowly inching there wat closer and closer to the nem tell finely they moved in sometime in the middle of the night. Herer are a couple pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As far as updates on the display. I finely had to turn on my air sunday as I'm sure most of us did. I have seen such a nice increase in my ph this spring due to the windows being open and I didn't want it to drop so I ran my skimmer air intake outside.
    [​IMG]
    There was a coax cable that was not in use right beside the tank. So I just took the coax cable out and rad my air line through the hole. This was nice because It would have been a hard sell to convince the wife that it weas a good idea to drill a hole in the wall.
    [​IMG]
    I built this little filter for the outside just incase to keep out whatever might be in the air outside. It is just a little plastic container with holes drilled in the bottum a pice of filter pad then about 3in of carbon and another filter pad. Yea it looks funny hanging from the side of the house but hay my ph is stable.
    [​IMG]
    I was a little worried about the skimmer maybe slowing down due to haveing to pull the air from about 4ft away but it is working great. This is about 24h of skimate.

17. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice to see the clowns hosting. I knew they would get there. Sweet deal with the air intake.

18. offroadodge

offroadodge Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just found your build thread... looks great...cant wait to see it in person

19. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Thanks Jeremy. I need to post some more recent pics. I think i'll do that tonight. Alot of the old pics are gone on the thread due to me organizeing my photo bucket. I didn't realize it would erace them here.

20. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0

New skimmer it's a octo duel recirc rated for 300 to 350gal depending on which web site you look at lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    very tight fit.
    [​IMG]
    First hour of skimmate.
    Here are some progression shots over the past 3 1/2 months from start to now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you notice that all the encrusting montis have a bare pach in the middle thats because I cut the disks back out the other day because I thought they looked unnatural.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also my green stylanopora has spawned there are 20 to 30 little colonys poping up everywhere.
    [​IMG]