1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

fish food

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mralanjones, Jun 7, 2009.

1. mralanjones

mralanjones Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have two clowns and a copperband butterfly. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas for food. I have mysis and prime reef food i am feeding them. The copperband wont eat anything. which i was not prepared as much as I thought. thanks for and idea

2. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    you will have to feed the copper bandad live brine shrimp and wean him over to frozen mysis.  your clown will like a verity of flake,  frozen, and pellets. change it up they are like people and don't want to eat the same stuff everyday
    matt

3. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Take a snail shell and stuff some mysis into the hole, then put the shell someplace that the copperband is always around. This will teach him to eat the mysis and soon he will be eating it out of the water column. They recommend putting the food into a tight hole like the snail shell because their small mouth is adapted to get into small places like this.

4. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You might want to try Reef Nutritions "Arcti Pods", I have yet to find a fish that won't eat those.