1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fish and Equipment for sale - Tipton, IA

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by jimmy_beaner, Mar 19, 2014.

1. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Just to clarify, the sand is the sand that was in my tank... I do have one bag of new Tropic Eden Reef Flakes. I'd like $30 for that ($10 and no shipping off new cost).

2. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Sand is pending pick up!

3. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Sand and last Eheim 1260 SOLD.

4. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still have the tank, canopy, stand, sump, plumbing. Would love to sell it as a package. Stand doors were made by a cabinet maker, would cost $30-$40 each alone, and the stand itself has solid 2"x4" and 2"x6" construction. I've also included built in fans for the canopy and stand (the canopy fans are $30 each new). There's $80 worth of plumbing parts including quick disconnects, a reactor manifold to run off the return pump, mufflers on both the drain as well as the fuge entrance. I'm throwing in a handful of filter socks and a filter sock holder. The sump (12"x20"x36"/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif tank cost $80, it also has actual glass baffles. Then the tank on top which has no scratches and was just cleaned (glass still needs finish cleaned). Please feel free to counter offer, I have it listed at $375 right now.

I have had offers for the tank, but at this time I would like to sell it as a set. I do not want to sell the tank and be left with a large stand and canopy.

5. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Somewhat surprised no one wants a nice 90 gallon tank.

6. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    I have some nice Red Sea test kits still left. One was sold while a fellow GIRS member was at my house, but these two are still here.

The first is the Red Sea Algae Control kit. This tests for nitrate and phosphate and has refillable solutions options from Red Sea. Has probably 3/4 of the tests left easily. Lists for ~$43, I'd like $25 for it.

The second is the Red Sea Iodine Pro test kit. Obviously tests for Iodine. This lists for ~$34 and I'd like $20 for this one. Let me know your interest. I also have some API test kits that I'd be willing to let go cheap. $25 for nitrate, calcium, nitrite, ammonia, pH (high/low), alkalinity. They are of varying amounts of full.

7. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    $350 for the tank set up?

8. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I will take the sand.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  9. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Never mind

10. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Still surprised there isn't more interest. $325?

11. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Alright guys, I still have the tank and I want it gone. I also still have a NextReef media reactor. I do not want to take this with me.

12. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    There's $300 worth of tanks in the set up. Please PM or text me offers.

13. ThyRaven

ThyRaven Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is the NextReef reactor a single or double? What did you use it for?

14. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Single. I used it for carbon. It's the MR1

15. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    $275? I'm seriously shocked no one wants a full 90 gallon setup with sump, plumbing, stand, and canopy. We're at the point that the stand, canopy, and plumbing are essentially free.

16. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    We've got a realtor coming to work on listing the house. If you're interested, please come forward.

17. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Good deal there. I'd be all over it at that price, just not in the market atm.

18. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    I figured it was a pretty solid deal. Maybe it would help if I said I have a media reactor and dosing supplements (like 5 gallons worth of kalk/calcium chloride/soda ash) that I could discount for whomever takes the tank...

19. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    I have an offer of $200 for the tanks alone. My final listing for the setup is $250. If you don't feel the stand and canopy, which have integrated fans (that cost $70) and oak cabinet doors ($35-$45 EACH), walnut trim, and 4"x6" corners, with 2"x6" top frame and $80 worth of plumbing including a reactor manifold is worth $50... then I'll dismantle it and throw it away. I do not want this tank here when people come for open house.

20. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    bump