1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

First Timer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Troy, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
       Hello everyone.  My name is Troy, I live in Cedar Rapids.  I work at Whirlpool in Amana for the past 7 years.  I have 2 boys 8 and 13, which the oldest boy, is as much into this hobby as I am.   We started our first saltwater tank about 3 years ago.  A 72 bow front.  After about a year of a fish only tank, I had to move to a reef tank.  Now I am to a point where I am just starting to learn about all the chemicals. I have a friend at Pets Playhouse, FNVARNER who is a member here. He is probably the reason I am where I am today with this hobby. So I had to give him a shout out.  

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS Troy. Use and abuse us .... welll use us anyway. We will become your second best resource for information behind FNVARNER. Who knows maybe we will even boot him outta first place. ;0) GIRS is a dedicated group of people that will help you (as they have me) get your tank to where you truly want it to be. Maybe you are already there, but I don't think anyone ever really gets there. There is always a dream upgrade out there somewhere.

Welcome!

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS! It's nice to hear of more Cedar Rapids people!
    -JB

4. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Troy! Please feel free to look around and ask questions. There's a lot of reef fanatics around here with a great deal of experience in the hobby. Anything from equipment to water chemistry, they can help. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club Troy.

6. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know when the next time there will be a meeting?  I would like to become and member, and meet some of you. Not to mention soke up some good info.   Thanks everyone.

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I believe there is a meeting scheduled for January in Cedar Rapids or Iowa City. Hopefully someone from the Board of Directors can get this information published to the home page ASAP.

-JB

8. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jbrunken on 12/27/2007 3:37 PM
    I believe there is a meeting scheduled for January in Cedar Rapids or Iowa City. Hopefully someone from the Board of Directors can get this information published to the home page ASAP.
    -JBWe just secured a place for the meeting today.  The posting will be up as soon as the details are worked out. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

9. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Troy, this place is great.

10. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey troy

welcome to GIRS

11. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Troy....

Its great to have another CR person with us.

Looking forward to seeing you around the website and hopefully at the meeting in January...

einsteins