1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

First Pics with new Camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jtesdall, Feb 3, 2008.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok here are the first pictures with the new Nikon D40x. I have only used the included software for editing but plan on using Photoshop soon. I am not anywhere near the quality that Ein and Sone have shown us but I am hoping they or others will give me some tips for improvements.
    Blue Xenia
    [​IMG]
    Green Cap
    [​IMG]
    Sabae
    [​IMG]

2. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    those are some of the best pics ive seen, nice and clear and everythings in focus.

do a full tank shot.

what kind of anemone is that?.

looks good.

3. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Look pretty nice to me /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif  How macro can you go with it?

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! Maybe it is because they are my own, but I just don't think they are any where near the quality that Bill, Sone and others have posted. Seeing theirs I just say WOW! I will keep working on it. Maybe with photoshop I can improve them.
    Currently I just have the standard 18-55 zoom lens with +1, +2 and +4 Macro filters. The filters are pretty good, but I think that is probabally why I am not happy with the pictures. I need a real Macro lens, maybe a 100mm macro. I will think about it, reef shots were secondary as I really bought this for software shots at work. The works shots are coming out awesome since I don't need the extreme closeups!
    Sean, I will see about a full tank shot. I have taken them but they are at work and with the ice today I am working from home.

5. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I think einstein has a 60 mm macro lens and it takes some great closeup pictures. The 60mm f/2.8 AFD Micronikkor looks like a pretty good lens.

6. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your pictures look awesome Joel! Thanks for the flattering comments but I'm a novice in every sense of the word. Sorry I can't help you out much as I am still learning myself. It's great to see the pictures and I look forward to seeing many more in the future.

7. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice pics Joel.. it obvious i need a new camera.