1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Finally, through the cycle

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by rockislandreefer, May 13, 2012.

1. rockislandreefer

rockislandreefer Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/w00t.gif Params are finally setteled down. Thought it was time to start stocking one of the tanks.
    clam...

[​IMG]

FTS, changed the scape a bit. Looked overcrowded...

[​IMG]

2. rockislandreefer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    fail.....lol. guess I'll put them in my album.....

3. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    use photo bucket and the html code to post photos. . So have you decided what kind of coral you are looking to keep?

4. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  5. rockislandreefer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh....lol. got it. thanks...lets try this again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    lookin to keep a bit of everything.
    Chris

6. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    looks great

7. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    looks great

8. rockislandreefer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! Hey, while your around, is there word on the next meeting. Or am i just looking in the wrong place...lol.
    Chris

9. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you are in the right place, Joe has just been very busy but I will see him in a couple days and see what he has in mind. If there is anything you or anyone else would like to do or talk about please by all means speak up or send a PM to greenonion.

10. rockislandreefer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok. cool. Dont want to miss it. Talk about as in a topic of conversation? Lol, personally, i have been studying coloration in sps, and the information is so wide spread and varies from forum to tank to person. The generals are out there, but dam. Its like "wait till the 2nd tues of the 3rd month, hop 3 times on your left leg, while swinging your right arm counterclockwise around your head. And dont forget to have your eyes crossed." I mean dammm lol. And I was considering the switch to led, but somthing popping up on the different forums is the fading of certain colors. Mostly red orange and yellow.

11. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont really have that issue with LEDS Although I cant really say much about yellow my reds and oranges look good. I think a lot of it is individual tanks and their keepers.

I do think our next meeting will be a lighting meeting though, mostly about par and how to measure it. I just got my hands on our par meter since Alex mad us a nice handle for the area one. I will be mapping my tanks par in a few days.

12. rockislandreefer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea, lighting is a good topic also. Much to be learned there. Par measurements are a great study. do you have a tank build thread m? Curious what size, stock and lighting. I, like the led in concept, just have never seen one in person. I have been a member of NR for a while and have followed led's progression there.

13. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do not have a tank build but I can tell you it is a 90gal tank with about 10 fish. you can see some of my really bad cell phone pics here. this tank is lit by 2 AI sol modules.

http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/Community/DiscussionForums/tabid/78/aft/26388/Default.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  14. softieatheart

softieatheart Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The coral display tanks at Aquatic Environments in Davenport have LEDs on them.

15. rockislandreefer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow...lol. that would explain why my hydnoporia is all flesh and not much color....yet.