1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Finally paid my dues....I think this is a first

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nuccatree, Mar 10, 2009.

1. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah..I have been slacking but finally I have my stuff back in a show tank at my office and my practice members love it.  Over the past year, all my rock/coral/fish have been in a backroom holding tank due to a little mishap from switching out a 55g to a 75g.  Long of the short of it was, I was moving my residence and thought it would be easier to transfer my home tank to the office, so I sold my 55g to one of my patients and was switching the 75g.  During the process, I thought it would be beter to make my 75g as a RR, so off to the fish store to have it drilled.  Not knowing if it was temper glass or not, we found out that it was after the bottom shattered.  Oops!  So I was out of a tank and really did not hav ehte time to miss with setting up another 75 and did not want to spring for the $400 RR new tank.  Finall came across a tank that was super for the size/area I had to put it.  It is a 47g tall.  Super setup for a tight space, however rock placement (apx 150lbs) is a pain since the tank is 30" tall and only 20"x18" footprint.  Currently running dual 175w (12K/20K) and a cpr190 sump with a Korilzza 1 in-tank pump for add'l criculation.  Have minimal stock in it at this time and looking for more.  If anyone wants to contribute, feel free.   I hope to be a contributer to the QCA reefers as well.  LEt me know if there is anything I can do.

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS!

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Welcome "officially" to the club... :)

Hopefully the QC trustees will get some stuff lined up for your area soon (besides just Fall Fest).

-JB

4. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If any members would show.

5. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You're not saying that you guys have already given up 2 1/2 month into the year are you?

6. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nope. Just thinking of ways to adapt to our situation. There is absolutely no feed back as of yet. I've handed out cards to people, emailed a few people on craigslist and a few others. I still have those magnets tailgate of my truck, I'm suprised they actually stayed on. But nothing yet.