1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fest Feedback

Discussion in '2008' started by Steph & Nick, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I want to say thank you to everyone who came out and checked out the awesome fall fest event last weekend!  I am glad to hear people enjoyed themselves and found some cool stuff.  As we start to think about doing this again next year, what ideas or suggestions do you have for us? 
    Looking forward to seeing people's ideas, thank you.

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only suggestion I have is to make sure there's some fast food available nearby. There really was no time to go order food from that restaurant down the hall, eat it and not miss a speaker or a demo etc. I was hoping there would be a pop/vending machine somewhere nearby, but there wasn't one. It would have been a pain to leave as I would have had to haul my coolers etc out to the car and back as I was by myself......... other than that, I thought everything else was fine there.

3. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would half to agree, a small food vendor was the only thing missing steph. I'm sure we could find one pretty easily, for next year.

Other then that you guys and Girls did an awsome...... job!!!

I thought everything went every smoothly.

4. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh one more thing.

Maybe next year, put our user names also on the badges so those of us that are new can put a face with a name.

Just food for thought. Thanks

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Food and screen names on badges...both great points...I agree with both.
    Also, if they are available, it would be nice to be able to go back and refer to the slide decks that the presenters used...so if I ever did want to raise clown fish, or better understand how to properly feed my reef, etc., I would have those resources available to me.   Also, if/when the presentation deck and video are available, make them members only content.  Give the people that are on the fence a little more of a reason why they should throw down $20 and support the club.
    --AJ

6. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Didn't the bar NEXT DOOR to the event have like $2.50 sandwiches?? They looked awesome, i wish i would have had one.

7. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    During set up, some one needs to bring some tunes.

8. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I liked the speakers we had (only got to Calfo's, but heard others were good too).
    However, another thing we could do to have added value would be to have the area's record demostrations throughout the year.
    Examples would be tank drilling, propagating corals, ect....
    After editing these, you could make them into presentations for use at the next fest.
    Then we could have these running on a cycle on computer for viewing, kind of like having virtual speakers.
    Guess this depends on having a second conference room, just a thought.