1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

fed up with fedex

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wenszoo, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Wenszoo

Wenszoo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Had an order delivered today. I had called yesterday to find out an estimated delivery time and was told it was garanteed to be delivered by 10:30AM today with PRIORITY OVERNIGHT. well I went online to track my delivery. scans as follows:
    picked up 2/26 5:41pm
    left keywest 2/26 6:43pm
    arrived in Memphis TN 2/26 11:14pm
    departed Memphis TN 2/27 5:17am
    @destination sort facility cedar rapids 2/27 6:09am
    @ local fedex 2/27 7:31am
    on delivery vehicle 2/27 9:42am
    arrived @my house 2/27 1:00pm
    I had called fedex @10:45am and was put on hold so they could get an ETA from driver and was told it would be the next delivery and would be @ my house in 15 minutes(11:00am).
    @ 11:30 I called again and was told local dispatcher would call me shortly with ETA.
    12:30pm still no call or delivery so I called again and was told AGAIN Deb the local dispatcher would call.
    when the package was FINALLY delivered @ 1:00pm the driver said she was just contacted @12:45pm and was told it was to get delivered ASAP do to live shipment.
    so when i opened the cooler the heat pack was cold and so was the water in the bags.
    2 of my emerald crab popped off legs and one popped off a claw. every thing now seems to be doing ok. the only thing I am unsure about are the blue zoas I ordered. They have not came out as of 7:00pm.

2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At least you got it same day, and it had heatpacks! I don't think those few hours extra would have made much of a difference in the health of the livestock. Which vendor did you order from?

3. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep, my last Fed Ex order was supposed to have come by noon at the latest, and it came at 1:15 /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif It had been on the truck since the early hours of the morning and yep, the heat packs were cold, as was the water...........

4. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Zoa's are tough, give them a little while. I had some stay closed almost a week after I got them cause they were so PO'd.

5. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about the what happened, I hope everything else makes it ok. Don't hesitate to make a claim to get your money back on shipping charges with FedEx for the late delivery.

6. Wenszoo

Wenszoo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    as for the vendor it was reeftopia.com. very nice people. size and quality are very nice from what i have seen(zoas just started to come out right before the lights are set to shut off). My wife wanted a sponge and a flame scallop. both are MUCH bigger than i thought i would receive. VERY PLEASED so far. Nice size shrimp,emerald crabs, and snails. would highly recommend ordering from them. Prices are very reasonable. suggest ordering from lot price list(emerald crabs 12@ $4each=$48)
    Spent enought to get FREE shipping from reeftopia.