1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

February Tank Tour

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by LiLNicky, Jan 23, 2016.

1. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    2 for one deal. That would be cool.

2. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I would be interested in adding my place as a stop. I'm in CR but have a salt tank and a couple Dart Frog tanks I could show off.

3. gburkart

gburkart Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    are you a quitter? lol selling off all your stuff:eek:

4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I should have been more specific with my post. Right now we're trying to keep it to the IC, coralville, NL area. Just because of travel times it's easier to stick to tanks in one area at a time.
    Later in the year we will try to do the same thing with the tanks in the CR area. We would certainly try to work you in on the tour then if you're still interested.

5. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Oh ok

6. LiLNicky Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +197 / 4 / -0
    I'll give it a couple more days but I think we are going to shoot for February 27th. We have 4 stops so far and then ending at Bronson's in Iowa City. I will keep people posted on final times later this coming week.

7. crabbyo

crabbyo

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think I might be able to make that, so please keep me posted. I'm by Shueyville, so am probably too far north for a stop. At some point, I'd be interested in rehoming some rose anemones; they're taking over!

8. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Haven't heard from you in awhile. Glad you've still got the tank. Maybe when we do the tour in the CR area it will work out that you can be a stop for that one. Have you added any more tanks or done anything? It's been several years since I have seen your tank.

9. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like fun I am in.

Do you have a guess for a time like 2:00 to 6:00?

I assume you will just post the starting location then have the next location given out at the first house. So, you need to start at the beginning or meet up at the final location (Bronson's)?

10. LiLNicky Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +197 / 4 / -0
    Yeah everybody that offered up wanted it to be later in the afternoon. That would be an ideal starting time @Borky00@Borky00. I will list all the stops with addresses and what time we will be at each one. Each stop will be 45 mins to an hour. Bronson is open till 9 so we can have more time at each stop if need be.

11. Derek

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Whenever we decide to have a tank tour in CR, I would be willing to have people check out my tank, I have a 120 gallon Peninsula tank. Would like to hear peoples constructive criticism on it.

12. LiLNicky Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +197 / 4 / -0