1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

February Meeting poll

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Armydog, Jan 20, 2016.

what do you want to do

1. DIY Food

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Equipment Discussion

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Fragging Demo

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Social get together somewhere

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Informational meeting about corals and feeding

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Date is to be determined but what would yall like to do.

Im really open to any of them but I want to leave it up to yall. :)

2. Armydog

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
  3. leymas

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    This noon would be open to any of it. Since it would all help me.

4. Armydog

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    We will eventually do them all this is just some that were discussed at the Christmas party

5. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Is there any DIY food left in our region? I'm on my last bag and definitely need some asap. The last time we made it, I bought 14 bags I think and figured that would be enough for 6 months since our region has a history of making it about every 6 months. A member gave me a bag not too long ago and so I'm on bag 15 right now.:(

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I voted for DIY food because I'm on my last bag. And when I'm on my last bag, that means pretty much everyone is probably out LOL

7. leymas

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    I bought 5 bags of rods food (H) when I started back in Oct. I have enough. lol. That's before I knew anything about DIY foods.
    I would still like to see it done.

8. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    I still have 3 bags which means I'm using the fourth. Ya'll just don't have my logistic skills. :):cool:

9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I'm fine with buying more LRS to tide me over for a few more months, no problem!

10. scottlittle

Altoona
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I vote DIY. I know you have to be a paid member to be involved. I'm paid up my status just hasn't been up dated.

11. Armydog

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Did you click on it above in the poll?

12. scottlittle

Altoona
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yes I did after I post my reply.

13. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Not true Fence! lol Last time I had several bags left over, like 7+. It's just been a long time (for me). I always make sure I have enough to last 8 months just in case the club delays the next food making. I also give samples to others to try, and tell them I hope they will pass along the favor by joining GIRS :0)I'd make some of my own like I used to but time is so ...... lol.

14. Armydog

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    May be an issue with diy Food in February may have to do that for march. @Turbo's Aquatics@Turbo's Aquatics is it possible to get all ingredients by the 13th if that date wins?

15. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Yes, it's possible. I would have to order everything by Monday prior to the event.

16. Armydog

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Alright just wanted to make sure. Thanks

17. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    I'm a hardware junkie so I would lean towards and equipment discussion but I'm planning on being in this for the long haul as all in the club seem to be a great bunch of People!...I can wait for that one later, maybe a focus on lighting and par meter demos as metering the light in my tank is something I need to do (have no idea where I stand as far as light). But for now it sounds like many are getting low on food. I've been doing my own DIY food thing and am OK on stock but would love get in on that and learn some more there....guess what I'm getting at is I'll let ya'll decide, every thing on the list interests me.:)

18. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    @Waterrat41@Waterrat41 The club has a par meter- you can get in line for using it:0)