1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

February event

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by xroads, Dec 13, 2007.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0

It looks like January will be a statewide event so what would you like to do in Feb?

We can have a tank tour

DIY Rock

Reef Chemistry & how it affects your tank
    Any weekends work better than others?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im kind of more curious as to where the event will be held? do you happen to know that yet?

I think a DIY of some sort would be cool, or maybe if it was a DIY 2 part and how to use it?

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Well lets figure out what & when & then we can figure out where.

4. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i am in for anything, what weekend will work for me

5. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Beginning of the month is probably better for me. I have a baby coming towards the end of the month or beginning of March. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

6. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know we are not quite there yet but I know the Diamond Daves in CF has a free party room upstairs.  This idea probably wont work but it would be interesting to do a club tank build sometime.  Like building a plywood resin tank.  Not sure of the cost but maybee we could build one a sell it of as kind of a fund raiser or something.
    Josh

7. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I'm game for anything, I have worked out a pretty good rock receipe if you decide to do that, I will add that if we make rock it will take up ALOT of room and it will have to be somewhere above freezing for at least two days so the rocks can set up. Maybe we can have a "build jasons fragtank and sump" meeting?.....maybe not

8. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty much up for anything. Are you going to build your sump and frag tank out of acrylic Jason? I think that would be cool to see if we could build something and actually have it hold water! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

9. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    LOL yeah i'll build it out of acrylic......if the club is footing the bill on material, other wise its the good old rubbermaid for me

10. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Posted By glaspie69 on 12/13/2007 7:21 PM
    I'm game for anything, I have worked out a pretty good rock receipe if you decide to do that, I will add that if we make rock it will take up ALOT of room and it will have to be somewhere above freezing for at least two days so the rocks can set up. Maybe we can have a "build jasons fragtank and sump" meeting?.....maybe not
    I'm down for this, but i don't want to be the designated hardware store runner guy.
    Watch you do all the work then maybe we can get some pizza and beer....maybe not in that order though.
    /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif

11. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if its at jason's house and he says there will be beer, make sure u bring your own because there wouldn;t be any /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

12. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Posted By davidm199 on 12/14/2007 9:09 PM
    if its at jason's house and he says there will be beer, make sure u bring your own because there wouldn;t be any /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif" align="absmiddle" border="0">
    ooooh snap

13. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    O NO HE DIANT