1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

[Feb 13, 2016] Des Moines February 13th Meeting (Bondurant, IA)

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Armydog, Jan 31, 2016.

Des Moines February 13th Meeting
Posted By Armydog

Zoobies House
501 4th St SE, Bondurant, IA 50035, USA
Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:00 PM
(ends Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 03:00 PM)
Timezone: America/Chicago

Upcoming Occurrences

All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event does not have any/other upcoming occurrences...
  1. Zoobie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Here is a map. I put my house as the red dot so everyone had a better idea of where it is at.

Attached Files:

2. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    So what did we land on for a start time?

3. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

4. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    I'll shoot for 10....if work calls, tell em you haven't seen me :D
    --- Auto-Merged, Feb 10, 2016 ---
    10am Bondurant time is still 5 o'clock somewhere, right?

5. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    Remember ladies and gents, if you have a sharp knife and a cutting board, please bring it if you can as it will help in cutting up all the wonderful items that need sliced and diced.

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    +1 to that, I have a food processor plus the Club's processor, buckets, rags, bags, gloves, etc - pretty much what is needed is just sharp, very very sharp knives and cutting boards. If anyone has a knife sharpener that would be nice. Mainly for the squid and octopus which are very hard to chop up without a razor sharp knife.

7. violet21chewy Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines area
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I can be there at 10. Off topic but anyone want any sps's? Breaking down the 16. 2 different birdsnest, Ora red planet- in bad shape, got stung by a carpet and a lot of it died, other stuff. Also in bondurant so pickup preferred. I just had to pay dues so 20.000

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I would start another thread and throw up some pics

9. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    My day is going the opposite of Turbo's and is clearing up.

If it's still possible to get in I'll take 2 bags. Will be there to help either way. Don't know if I can make 10 but definiftely before noon.

10. I will do my best to make it, but if it doesn't work out please put me down for 1 bag!

11. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Dang.... I saw Terris response in my email basket but didn't check it out on the forum until this evening and thus only now saw the discussion about a change in start time...... I'm going to try and make it for awhile in the morning. :mad:

12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    See everyone tomorrow!!

FYI the prices we got this time around were pretty good - shrimp price came way down (from $7+/lb to $5/lb)

it looks like $10/bag of you are there and $12-$13/bag if not (depends on the final batch size and how many are left over)

13. Zoobie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Good morning everyone. Hope to see you all in a couple hours. If you need any help getting here call my cell at 515-210-0681.

Zach

14. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Adding all of these in puts us at 80 bags, so we should be able to accommodate everyone

15. FFrost

Adel
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Not going to make it today. On call today and diesels don't play well in the cold. Hopefully everything stays running, but we'll see.
    I'll still buy a bag or two if they can be held somehow.
    Thanks

16. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Got there a little late and all the real work was done - I'll have to try and time the next one like that! LOL
    Thanks to Zoobie for putting this on at his place. Also thanks to all who showed up and did what was needed to get things done.
    It's great to reunite with other club members and to meet those I have not met before.

17. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Fortunately for me Su did not post pics and I was able to get some nice corals. Thanks Su and love your tanks!

18. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
  19. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
  20. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Great food! Thanks for hostingit at your house Zach @Zoobie@Zoobie . It worked out great.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List