1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fantastic LPS thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RobynT, Nov 18, 2007.

1. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been following this thread for awhile and recommend it to anyone interested in LPS or just interested in what is out there in unique tanks and collections.  This guy has one heck of a collection.  He also ONLY feeds Coral Frenzy which made me think it has to be some fantastic product.  I just got some (thanks again Billy for doing the ordering) and tried it for the first time tonight.  I'm not sure that I have an opinion on it yet but it's too early to say.   Check this out---
    http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1229204&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

2. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm with the group that does not like his setup. Looking at some of those corals I'd have to say a good third will not survive a year in his tank. If I'm not mistaken some are from lagoon areas, some from reef crest areas, and some from deeper water. Although his tank is pretty with an incredible mix of color I just do not see the ability to get the different corals to survive together. There is just to broad of a requirment difference.

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess I'm not familar enough with the origins of some of his corals to consider those issues.  Good point.  It will be interesting to follow along to see how well it all works out.
    I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on using Ozone (?) in your tank because of the mixture in your tank.  I also have a mix of different kinds of corals and would like to know more about it.

4. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    He has great corals but a bad layout. Too many corals makes it look like a frag tank.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That tank is what happens when someone has too much money and no originality or taste whatsoever. To call your own tank the "LPS tank done right" says alot about the reefer, IMO.

Saw that thread a long time back, never got past the first picture.

6. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So has anyone tried the Coral frenzy?  I fed a little bit of it with my regular flake food tonight and the LPS do extend their polyps more than usual.  Pretty pricey food but you only feed 1/4 tsp at a time so it should last a year at least.

7. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I use it now and then instead of cyclops-eaze. I'll usually mix it in with some mysis to target feed and then leave my return pump off for a half hour. It's pretty good stuff. It has alot of the small stuff in it Rod's food has.

8. Benji

Benji Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree.  the scape looks like a roadside produce stand.

9. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]Posted By Benji on 11/20/2007 4:38 AM
    i agree.  the scape looks like a roadside produce stand.
    [​IMG]now that is the best description yet.[​IMG]