1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Schedule Questions

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by jtesdall, Aug 16, 2009.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The event survey turned up the following events in order of highest vote to lowest:
    Skimmers and General DIY Won with 10 votes
    Working with Acrylic came in second with 9
    Hard Coral, Water Quality, Fish Food and Propagation came in third with 8 votes.
    And of course we have to have a fall tank tour for Brandon. ;0)
    That is seven events so we can start putting together a schedule.
    Here is the question: Last fall and this spring we scheduled events on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I will be completely upfront - This is 100% because of my schedule. I live in Boone and just can't bring myself to drive back to Des Moines very often on Weekends. I live on a farm and there is just too much to do on weekends.
    So are people OK with this and if not do some others folks want to step up to host meetings on other days (Weekends). We can use my office conference room for Tuesdays and Thursdays. This will be neccesary for an Acrylic meeting and Fish Food since I can't have those at my office. My office can only host presentation and discussion meetings.
    Otherwise we will continue to host meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays at my office.
    Exception: Austin did host one meeting at his house for the Fish Food meeting. He may gracious enough to do so again this fall.
    I think we should start the fall off with a water quality meeting since we have many new members.

2. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tues and/or Thurs work well for me.

3. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would love to attend all of these, but with school starting up again it will depends some on what the evening times might be.

4. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Usually 6PM.

5. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That sounds like something I would be able to do. Perhaps arrive a little late, but still manageable :)

6. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'm a no go durring the week. cept maybe thursdays if we stop working fridays again

7. SGM

SGM Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My schedule is pretty much open after 6 usually unless a wedding comes up!

8. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i cant make during the week events or meetings,i now a friend that is a member that may be able to host meetings of all types ill talk to him have him post here

9. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +614 / 2 / -0
    I prefer weekday evenings to weekends also.  Most dates are good for me, although I have a few specific dates that I know I can't make it:  9/3, 9/8, 9/22, 10/13, and 11/10.  Also I may be gone for a vacation in the middle of October.

10. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Go with what works best for everyone and I will try to attend when I can.

11. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree Sone, but that is why I bring it up. If the group wants to have meetings on other than Tuesday and Thursdays then I need to ask for someone to be able to host the event. I can't commit to being in Des Moines on Weekends as a general rule.
    So please someone speak up if I schedule everything (but a tank tour) on Tuesday or Thursday, you don't like this and you have an alternative. Otherwise I will start working on the schedule.

12. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    New Des Moines Schedule is posted at the top. Sorry it took awhile.