1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

FALL FEST

Discussion in '2011' started by mthomp, May 15, 2011.

1. PotRoast

PotRoast Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'll be selling at Fall Fest.

2. kyro

kyro Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How much is a booth??

3. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is from noon till 4pm and just the 12th. I am uncertain about booth price but I do know it hasnt changed since spring fest. I will get that info soon, sorry guys im new to this and just dont know all the logistics.

4. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    potroast got you down cant wait too see you again.

5. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully we get some of our vendors listing what they will be selling. That's one thing that bummed me out about MACNA. I tried to start some threads to get vendors to post but they were not really receptive. I think I got one response along the lines of, "lots of frags".

6. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well here is a list of vendors so far in case anyone is curious and this does not count any hobbiest
    Dirks.-
    Cherry coral. -
    ACC- 2 tables
    Midwest saltwater
    Floyd r turbo is setting up an acrylic table.
    reefkoi-
    captains coral- confirmed.
    pauls coral
    Gonzos Coral
    Oceans Wonders
    so that is a pretty good start and I am confident that list will grow.

7. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Right now we still have plenty of space for you hobbiest, but it is starting to fill up fast, in fact I just got 1 more confirmation from a vendor a few minutes ago. So if you are still on the fence please by all means speak up so we can get you added.

8. Jag3365

Jag3365

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am still fairly new to all the meetings and events, but is there someone to talk to about helping out for this year's fall fest?  I'm only about an hour up the road and would like to try to get more active in helping and being apart of GIRS.

9. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You bet there is. In fact the QC area is having a meeting Oct 2nd about fall fest. You or anybody else is welcome to join us and help get this ready to go.

10. Jag3365

Jag3365

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's great news.  I cannot make the meeting, as I have to work that particular day.  Perhaps once things are discussed I can get in touch with someone on what I can do to help.

11. Bymers311

Bymers311 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there a list of vendors and speakers anywhere?

12. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is a list of some of the vendors on the other page of this thread. Speakers are Jake Adams from reefbuilders his topic is Its not how big your pumps are but how you use them. And Randy Reed from reef Nutrition on the fundamentals of feeding your reef . The fest page will be up to date soon so keep an eye on it for more info.

http://fests.greateriowareefsociety.org/

13. Bymers311

Bymers311 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, cool. I had actually just checked the fest page and saw that it wasn't up to date, which is why I asked.

14. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Where is the 'other page of this thread'?

15. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    page 1.

16. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Ok, I see now. My settings are set to 100 posts per page so I rarely see multiple pages. I take it you are referencing your post on 9/15 at 4:03pm.

17. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes i am that list is evolving and i hope to have an updated one in a week or 2.

18. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One of the changes too our fall fest will be private sellers and their helpers. In order to cut down on the congestion and such we ask that if you are a private seller and plan on having a helper to ask them to wait to come till after the show starts to arrive.

we will make sure there are a couple people on hand to help you with your setup.

19. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    couple things to show off thats going into the raffle this yr

48" T5 with led from Marineland http://www.aquabuys.com/p/marineland-metal-halide-fixture-48inch-ml32982.html

& a 24-36 reef capable LED light from Marineland

20. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    put me down as a seller please