1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest Fall fest turn out.

Discussion in '2015' started by abower, Nov 14, 2015.

1. abower Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ryan, Ia
    Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    Couldn't make it to fall fest. Wife worked so I had both munchkins without support. 2.5 hr drive, two high strung kids and dad out numbered.
    So, for who didn't make the event, fill us in, post pics!

2. Crosshatch

Logan iowa
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    It was awesome! Met a few people and everyone is always nice. Picked up a nice Scoly as well!

Attached Files:

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Lol I read this and I thought it said "fall fest burn out". Must be because that's what I've got

4. abower Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ryan, Ia
    Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    Time to throw a few back.

5. abower Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ryan, Ia
    Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    Nice pick! Neat color contrast

• Good luck! Good luck! x 1
    • List
  6. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    I want to thank the people that showed up to help set up, and stayed to help tare down. If it wasn't for the hard work and determination Great Fests like this couldn't happen. I enjoy meeting new faces and talking to each and everyone of you. And for everyone that have to travel a great distance. Be safe and REEF ON! Thanks again for another great fest!!!!

7. GoodGreef Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive, IA
    Ratings:
    +239 / 2 / -0
    Looked like a good crowd and lots of sellers. Unfortunately I couldn't buy any corals due to RTN and my tank condition. On Tuesday our flooring installer left equipment plugged in that blew a breaker and I couldn't leave work quick enough after I got the email alert so I had no flow or heat for about 2 1/2 hours. Just means I'll have more excuse to buy coral in May.

• Uh oh! Not good! Uh oh! Not good! x 1
    • List
  8. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    Dude that sucks, sorry to hear that. But glad to hear that u will be visiting us in the qc. For spring fest.

9. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    That sucks. Did they go all the way or just the base? Hope you have a quick recovery.
    I had similar experience a couple years ago. Saved all but a couple.
    --- Auto-Merged, Nov 15, 2015, Original Post: Nov 15, 2015 ---
    Thanks to everyone who made the fest happen. And to everyone that stopped by my table.

10. AquariumAddictions

AquariumAddictions Inactive User

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    We saw a lot of people, got to talk to quite a few. It was definitely a great experience. Just wish I would have started buying sooner as most of the good stuff I had wanted was gone.

11. GoodGreef Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive, IA
    Ratings:
    +239 / 2 / -0
    I've lost a hollywood stunner chalice, tricolor valida, green stag, a branching montipora, and my purple haze montipora seems to just barely be hanging on, some color coming back in spots that kept tissue. My LPS actually seemed to have enjoyed it and are growing out. Maybe its because of the reduced Alk/Cal intake from the dead ones.

Also I think I'll finally get that battery backup for my pump and heater.

12. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Good idea on the battery backup. I want one for my return and skimmer. Hopefully everything comes around soon.

13. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    I made it for the speakers, both Mark and Todd were great to listen to, also was happy to chat with them over a good sandwich afterwards. Was so bummed that I was called away for a family emergency after catching a glimpse of everything that was out for sale!....really bummed I missed the raffle. I am a new member and had never joined before as I was under the impression this was more of just an eastern IA thing, I see now I was wrong and look forward to more in the DSM area. Really wish I would have had time to meet more people and hear about what you are all doing in the hobby. I will be looking for future events and hope to see you all there!
    Bruce