1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest..........OMG

Discussion in '2008' started by kyle, Nov 15, 2008.

1. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
     Well I'm home from the fest and got the frags in the tank till Sunday when I can rearrange everything to suit the corals better.
    All I can say about the fall fest is OMG!!! I had a great time, shopping, visiting,SHOPPING, meeting new people,SHOPPING! I came home with 25 new corals.Lots of rare and pretty zoa's that I would never find in Des Moines shops.I even got blue palys. Made my day, week and month. :)
       Great diversity of corals.Even though I'm just getting into hard stony corals, The variety of soft corals was amazing.You guys(and gals) :) really know how to keep a guy like me happy!
      Great job everyone!!! KUDOS all around!
       And Supply reps... great job! I got a lot of items and ideas today.Ya dun good!
    Kyle
    'Sea Star'

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it was great!!! I was also very impressed with everything and spent way too much money :)

3. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    it was awesome, i had a blast and got some awesome pieces.... thanks everyone

4. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We had a great time too! I can't wait for the next frag fest! You guys really outdid yourselves - a huge thanks to everybody who volunteered to make today such a fantastic experience!!!

Anna :)

5. Imsracing

Imsracing Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just got home and getting the frags back up to temp before i put them back in the system.  All i can say is to all involved you guys did one hell of a job and the turnout was excellent.  I think it was beyond anyone's expectations.  I was really glad to be a part of it i myself got some very nice pieces!!!!  I am glad the swaps are over for a while, for my sake and for the corals sake. 
    [​IMG]

6. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am really glad that everyone had a great time. A big thanks to everyone on the BOD for your Hundreds of hours of Free labor to get this all put together so well. We will see you all at the spring swap

7. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just want to say my thanks to the people that put this together. Had a great time, seen may beautiful corals, and spent way too much money. Can't wait to do it again next year.

8. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice show everyone!! I had a great time and bought a bunch and sold a bunch. What more could you want??

9. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sad I missed it /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

10. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree, it was great. Certainly exceeded my expectations.

--AJ

11. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That was awesome !!!!
    To everyone who took time out of their busy schedules to put this on .......Thanks.
    Can we say this was the 1st (annual) Fall Fest??????
     I would love to do this again next year. Any thoughts?
    Also want to thank all our sponsors. It was great to see them come out and take part!

12. Posted By annamarie421 on 11/15/2008 06:43 PM
    We had a great time too! I can't wait for the next frag fest! You guys really outdid yourselves - a huge thanks to everybody who volunteered to make today such a fantastic experience!!!
    Anna :)
    I echo Anna's remarks and want to add a special thanks to the sponsors for the great raffle prizes, the vendors for a great variety of corals, food and merchandise and to the current club members who spent the hours putting it all together. I won a couple of nice raffle items including some foods that I can see are already going to become a regular for my tanks. The corals and fish really go wild when they got a break from flake and frozen brine shrimp. My biggest win was getting to meet and join a great club. Hope the raffle tickets I bought help cover the costs of holding the fest because I would love to attend another.
    Thanks again. Carl

13. rc1214b

rc1214b

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It was a blast and evryone who helped make this happen deserves a big applause, I was very impressed by the turnout and how well it was organized! There were some great raffle prizes that vendors kindly donated and the selection of coral was top notch.. Thanks again!!!

14. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
     Hope the raffle tickets I bought help cover the costs of holding the fest because I would love to attend another.
    Thanks again. Carl
    Dont worry Carl, we will make sure you know about every event!
    I hope all the raffle items you won was worth the tickets.
    It is the raffle sales which allow us to have events like this.
    Thanks again & congrats on all the cool stuff.
    Craig