1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slovan, Nov 14, 2009.

1. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to thank the GIRS board for putting together another terrific event!  A lot of people showed up today and it showed during the time of the raffle since the room was packed.  I know you guys put in countless hours promoting, planning and contacting vendors/manufacturers.  Once again, thank you for putting together another Fall Fest!
    [​IMG]

2. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes I 2nd that

3. mcclandy

mcclandy

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ditto! Thank you!

4. dewdad

dewdad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Two thumbs up, I had a great time.

5. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just wanted to say "GREAT JOB and THANKS" to all those who made this happen. Starting from the board to the sellers.  THANKS AGAIN!!!!

6. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    agreed. i had alot of fun talking to everyone and got some great deals. excited and ready to do it again

7. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great job to everyone that worked to make this Fall Fest a super fantastic event! Besides the great turnout and all the happy people that attended, I noticed many details (wrist bands, signage, food and snacks available for sale, signs on the road leading to the event, helpers that helped us bring in all of our things to set up and tear down WOW, WOW, WOW!!!) That is service and all very nice touches!! You guys (and girls) rock!!!

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey, thanks everyone. We're glad that the event worked out so well and that everyone appeared to have a great time.

And don't worry, I can assure you that the club board is already in the process of planning future events like the spring swap, Fall Fest 2010 and MAYBE something a whole lot bigger in the not too distant future.

And BTW, as a board member, I want to thank all off the people who got involved and helped out with this event both in the planning phase and set setup/tear down phase. It's awesome to see club members take an active role in stuff like this!

-JB

9. gravattj

gravattj Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great event and thanks!

10. Big John

Big John Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This was the first event my nephew and I have attended and I must say HOT DAMN!--I was like a kid in a candy store!--We really didn't know what to expect and it was FANTASTIC!--Thanks to all of you for doing such a great and professional job. The room could of been a bit bigger but what the heck, we all survived.
    Can't wait for the next one!
    --John

11. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Thanks to everyone who came out to support the club. The members and non members alike, vendors, sponsors and the BOD for there time and effort in organizing it.

12. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Definitely! Thanks so much for an awesome experience! This has been my first year of reefing and my first reef event and it was so much fun. Thank you guys so much!

13. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    You guys did a great job! This was my first GIRS event and I must say you set a pretty high bar! Kudos.