1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest 2011

Discussion in '2011' started by adampottebaum, Sep 29, 2011.

1. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Just reminding everyone in case anyone missed the thread from a few months ago or assumed GIRS wasn't having a Fall Fest frag swap and speaker event this year since MACNA was such a huge success and very time consuming.
    Fall Fest will be held in Eldridge, IA at the Eldridge Community Center on November 12th at Noon. There will be a HUGE raffle, amazing speakers, and a ton of vendors and hobbyists selling corals, inverts, fish, supplies, etc.
    There's still time and space to buy table space to sell at the show, so post here or contact one of the Quad Cities Trustees if interested.
    I'll be making the 5+ hour trip from Omaha, so I better not hear anyone saying it's too far for them!
    Here's the flyer and for more info visit: http://fallfest.greateriowareefsoci...fault.aspx
    [​IMG]

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Time to count the number of holes in my new ceramic rock center piece to see how many corals I'm gonna need to buy. LOL

Can't friggin' wait!!!

3. Greenonion

Greenonion

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its gonna be sick!

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to it /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/biggrin.gif

5. bearsareawsome Well-Known ReefKeeper

Norwalk, IA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    K well im a nooby to this still i just looked and i have only had my display tank up for 4 months. wow. seems like a year. Needless to say i have never been to an event so this will be the first for me and my wife. Do we buy tickets before hand or at the door?

6. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Door's fine

7. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what Adam said. I dont think we are doing pre registration this yr.

8. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    here is an updates list of raffle items to help get you going.

Real reef rock from fishheads inc.
    Tickets to the shedd aquarium 4 general admission
    5 multi packs of rods food.
    2 sets of lights from marineland.

two $100 GC to Aqua Medic
    three $200 gift certificates to Roggers Food
    3 buckets of seachem salt
    Vitrea tank. This thing is incredible,
    Another Vitrea tank that is nice, but not 100% complete.
    RO unit from air water and ice.
    Portal
    rapid led diy kit.
    JbJ 28 gal nano.
    reactor with pellets BRS.
    All this along with some other misc goodies. Want to know what vendors?

ACC
    Cherry coral
    Dirks
    reef Koi
    gonzos
    midwest saltwater
    oceans wonders
    captains coral
    Floyd r Turbo will have his acrylic shop.
    pauls coral
    This along with our local fraggers is going to make this what I feel a great event. See you there.

9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If anyone wants to print flyers, here's a PDF that you can use to print from:
    http://bit.ly/pV7fwY
    Make sure to click the "Download Original" button and don't print from the crappy Google Docs version.  If you do, it will be really poor quality.
    --AJ

10. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    rapid led just emailed me and rather then a diy kit they are sending a par 38 bulb.http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-141/7-LED-PAR38-Bulb/Detail

11. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Time is running out to ensure you have a table at fall fest. If you are planning on having a sellers table this yr I need to know asap. Nov 1 is the cut off date.

12. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    4 more weeks and a lot has changed. We now have a full boat with a total of 24 sellers. This thing just keeps growing. That said if you are on the fence about setting up shop at this years fall fest, I have room for maybe 3 more people, now is the time to speak up because I have no doubt these spots will be gone in a matter of days.

13. Bymers311

Bymers311 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is the frag fest site going to be updated soon? Not as big of a deal for all of us GIRS members on here, but if that is what somebody from a further distance away looks at when they are debating making the trip or not they may be somewhat off-put. It still has a lot of info from Spring Fest and even some from Fall Fest 2010.

I'm not trying to be a complainer and I have no idea what work all goes into making updates on websites, but I feel like this is important for advertising and publicity for the club.

14. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the folks that do this are really busy with work and stuff. I will see what i can do to make this happen

15. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just an update, this is sold out for all sellers. I am up too 12-13 vendors and 9 or 10 hobbyist.

16. thebass

thebass Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone come?

17. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0

Yes!

18. TjFulton

TjFulton Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to be considered for a sellers table if one comes up in the hobbiest area. Picasso and Platinum Clowns for sale. Thanks, Tim

19. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Tjfulton were you the one selling clowns at CMAS spring fest?

20. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    tim I have a spot for you please PM me.