1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

fair coral prices

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Guest, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    a freind took down his 125 gallon reef and gave me all his corals and thair is a lot of them what are fair prices to sale the coral at for like 5x5 red cap and 4x4 green cap thair is lots and lots of armor of gods on a rock going to frag them out at like 10.00 a head or is that two much ? im not lookig to get rich or rip any one off thair is just a ton of sps i dont even know the names of i can get a list to gether of what is thair thanks

2. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Five bucks for all of it! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

In all seriousness if you still have some of the sps in two months time I might look into grabbing some from ya.

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Stuff like cap, kenya tree, & so on are usually so cheap that you have a hard time giving them away. Unless it is a nice cap like Leng Sy or Purple. I have seen grapefruit size colonies of SPS go for $500 though too so it just depends on what you have.

Post some pics & we can help give you some ideas.

4. rockinsmall

rockinsmall Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i just bought 20 polyps of armor of gods for $5
    i would say $3 per polyp on armors are fair.. or $20 for 6 polyps..

5. Trevor0015

Trevor0015 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What is your location and phone number so I can contact you about you corals for sale?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im in davenport iowa you can pm me for my number 3.00 for armor of gods is a steal im shure at 10.00 a head is a fair price unless the market droped i have no clue i dont know what half thes sps are ill be bussy this weekend and wont have time till the weekday but ill take pics of the stuff thanks

7. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IDK, there is a store wanting 30 bucks for 5 polyps here... http://www.reefhotspot.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4285
    generally private sales/collectors get much less than that. If you feel you know fair prices already then why do you ask?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    30.00 bucks then you add shipping now you have 50.00 -60.00 in 5 polyps

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ill have a 125 gallon rr tank with dule over flow for sale really soon for $230.00 this is just the tank thanks

10. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Posted By racecar on 10/01/2009 07:19 PM
    30.00 bucks then you add shipping now you have 50.00 -60.00 in 5 polyps Thats not really a valid point, Most places offer free shipping on purchases over a certian dollar amount, I don't think I've ever paid shipping on live goods. It's usually pretty easy to find people to do group orders or I simply order enough myself.

11. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sure, let us say I will give you that. But the company does not make money on the shipping. And you are not shipping, we would be coming to you, so I don't see how your point has any validity. Should we pay you what we MIGHT pay for an item PLUS shipping when it is not even being shipped? I, for one, think not. We told you some fair prices because you asked, you replied with your own (what I would consider too high) prices. This doesn't sound to me like someone who wants to make no money. Hang on to them then. At that price I will pass, and from the feedback of others, everyone else will too.

12. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

+1 to that. Not to mention, shipping isn't going to be 50 bucks per item if you do end up being charged shipping. More like 50 bucks for the first up to 5-6 and then another 5 bucks per item after that.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

thanks for the feed back [​IMG]

14. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey there Racecar, Keep in mind that what you first post is sent out to everyone subscribed to the thread or to the forum before so coming back and changing the words in your post doesn't change much.
    You asked a question but evidently don't want to hear an answer. 
    Most people don't try to get retail prices plus figure in what it might cost to ship when they aren't shipping anything.  
    I'm in Des Moines, Does that mean your going to charge me what your charging everyone else plus tack on overnight shipping?  If thats the case then I could go online and save myself about $25 over what you would be charging.

15. coral_bandit

coral_bandit Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    gonna head to the qc today or tomorrow, you have any armor of god left? I'd be interested, and for the whole year I have been soooo busy with CC, and such.

16. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    how about some pictures of the sps?

17. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i just think with fall fest around the corner your not going to get them prices. people will go there pick up armor of gods plus 2-3 other type of zoas for that price.

18. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

19. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

20. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Personally I think we should just let racecar do what he wants. He/she already posted that he "wouldn't sell to me anyways" and then deleted it. All I was trying to do is be helpful to someone who was seemingly trying to move some livestock that he/she didn't know what to do with. Unfortunately one cannot help the unwilling.