1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

F/S... anemones

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by saltwaternewbee, Nov 25, 2008.

1. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We bought these at the local pet store and now have to many. I have 4 Blue/Green Long Tentalce Anemones and 1 Curly Q to sell. They are attached to rocks at the moment, but i'd like to keep the rock if posiable....Does anyone have an idea how to remove? I was wanting $25 a piece. If that's unreasonable....MAKE ME AN OFFER. 
    Pics available...

2. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Move the rocks in a way that exposes the anemones foot and then give it something to crawl onto. Maybe stick the rock in a large bowl? I know the second I stuck my anemone in a place that didn't have good cover it moved until it found some.

3. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have had good luck using a few pieces of ice to chill the foot, alowing the foot to release! Cagri is a expert w/anemones he may be of some help.

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Pointing a power head at it for a few hours usually works. I am intrigued by the ice idea though and want to give that a shot the next time I need it.

5. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you do the ice cube method it might be a good idea to be sure you make them out of RO/DI water /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif