1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking to Buy Established live rock

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Barrett, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have established live rock for sale?

2. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I do, but I am over in Marion. I keep wanting to "thin out" my live rock to give my fishes more swimming room. I have some Marine Pure that I added about 6 months ago that is nicely established, so I can thin out. I was, sadly, just in West Des Moines yesterday and the day before, but didn't see your post. I have stuff with some mushrooms, and some with Kenya Tree coral, or "plain" with purple coraline and yellow sponge. No aiptasia. Never had it in this tank either, which is nice. No bubble algae or other general nastiness either.

I have smaller pieces in my sump that also are nice and purple, or medium and larger ones in the display.

If you are interested or are heading east at all, let me know.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  3. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I am going to be heading that way soon, how many pounds do you think you will have and what do you think for a price?

4. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I could probably easily sell 50 pounds without issue and possibly more. I never weighed it when I got it a number of years back, but also don't want to reduce my qty too quickly all at once. Looking at what live rock has sold for on here before, plus knowing that someone else is trying to sell live rock riddled with bubble and hair algae for $2.00 a pound without any corals on it, I would be willing to do something around $1.50/lb for the small stuff in my sump, $2.00/lb for the smaller pieces in my display, and any large pieces without coral on them $2.50-$3.00 (I have some really nice big pieces that would take a little more for me to be willing to give them up. I would be willing to possibly sell some with mushrooms or kenya tree on them for the same rate as without coral depending on how much you wanted as long as I still have some left in my tank to grow more. I'm not a stickler on weight, so you would get a few more pounds than you pay for. If anything seems out of line, let me know.

5. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the slow response I am interested but may be a little while till I can make it to Marion. If you aren’t in a hurry I would love to come by when I’m in town.

6. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    No rush on my end.

7. Pufferman777

Pufferman777 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Do u have any nice big show piece rocks

8. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I do have some, but they are probably the ones that I want to keep for now. I have some small stuff up to things about 1/4 to 1/2 the size of a football for sure that could go.

For some reason GIRS isn't sending me alerts when people respond to a topic that I have flagged to follow, and we had family in town this week, so I haven't been on here. Sorry for the delay in response.

9. new2salt

Mingo
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    I am about 30 miles east of Des Moines and have a 125 gallon tank full plus some. I decided tonight that I will be tearing my tank down and selling everything.