1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Emporium,,,,,,,,,Wow

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by xroads, Dec 23, 2008.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0

I stopped into Emporium tonight for the first time since the tank tour.  I was pleasantly surprised.  It has really been cleaned up & is more open.  They just got a shipment of livestock in & I counted over 25 bags floating in the SW tanks alone.  The best part was the lack of any odors!

All the tanks were clean & well lit.

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thats good t hear! I haven't talked to Rhenee since the tank tour and was wondering how she was doing. I may have to stop in and check it out.

3. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i was going to stop by two weeks ago over lunch but they we not open yet, althought thru the window it did look really good

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have been in to what is now known as mad hatter pets and it is much nicer than emporium was. Rhenee mentioned that she was planning on cutting the prices virtually in half so she could get more numbers in customers rather than charging an arm and a leg for one fish. She also said that she may be selling a lot of the things in the back room since many of the things are used, but in good working order (i got a really good sump pump for forty)

5. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was in today and they just got some more fish in. They got some really cool nudis in but i think they are the predatory ones that only eat other nudis. Lots of other crabs and such. The two guys from Pets Playhouse were there and really seem to be helping out quite abit. The place is comming together quite well and I will look forward to giving them some of my business.

Josh

6. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is awesome to hear. This might truely be a christmas miracle if we finally have a nice store to shop!!! I will have to stop by next time I am in CF.
    I also applaud her for realizing that lower prices draw more and repeat customers.  I know I would buy local every time if the fish was healthy and the price was within reason.  I love to see what I am buying instead of praying that an online vendor will send me a half assed live fish for half the price...

7. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I stopped by last week and it looked like there was still A LOT of work left. They didn't have cyclopeeze or mysis shrimp which is what I went there for. They had a nice looking medium/small sized yellow tang, but it was something like $60.00. The smell was still there, but not as bad as before. Someday...

8. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven't been there in over a year. sounds like it is time to make a return trip to check things out.

9. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Renee ordered me a new 120. I just went in one day and inquired about one and about a week later she said it will be delivered either today or tommorow. GREAT!! She is really taking charge of the old store. She said she is still having probs with some of the distributors because of bad relationships with previous owners but is getting over it. She is really trying to keep everything stocked. She has some new fish guys, although they are not always there, they do seem to be doing a good job. I bought some things last week and here prices were cheaper than DFS. I really am looking forward to having a good store back in town.

Josh