1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Ecotech Marine Customer Service (Vortech Pumps)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PotRoast, Jul 22, 2009.

1. PotRoast

PotRoast Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hey I just wanted to publically thank and acknowledge Eco-Tech Marine, the maker of Vortech Pumps. I want to share an experience I had in case anyone cares. (I have three of them and I love them.)

Anyway, recently I fried the entire motherboard and damaged the motor of one of my MP-40w pumps.

Ecotech determined the fault was mine, since water damaged the board. They asked for $100 to fix the entire thing, but granting mercy eventually charged me $50 for the repair.

In addition to fixing the motherboard, they also updated the ceramic bearings, fixed the cord, and replaced the motor....all which were probanbly not necessary I might add.

I might add that in the past they also fixed a problem (ceramic bearing) for free, and also sent me replacement gasgets for free.

OK that is all. The pumps are mega expensive but at least you have piece of mind that the customer service and warranty and repair are top notch.

2. fmsill Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey thats awesome they were so good abought backing their products! It seems like its hard to find anyone that will back their products anymore. Ive had problems with three major companies this week alone. not aquarium related though. Several of these products are major purchase but yet they dont seem to care. Its like pulling teeth to to get them to make it right. Its great to hear that their are companies out their that take care of their customers.

3. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sadly the bigger the company, the less it really needs to care. Sony, for example, has caused me headache with many of their products. The fact of the matter is they have enough customers worldwide to not give a crap about any ONE person. Also the less competition there is on a product in the market, the less the company tends to care, at least in m y experience.
    [script removed]

4. fmsill Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    In most cases true. The only one ive found that is the exception to the rule is sprayer specialities in grimes iowa by des moines. Any issue ive had they bent over backwards to take care of it then some. I cant say enough good things abought their equipment and customer service. Case construction equipment is also pretty good. Best buy and univerth manufacturing which makes grain handling equipment can go beep themselves.

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Best Buy is the worst! I hate dealing with them and avoid it if at all possible.

--AJ

6. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Best Buy has been bad for me too. A couple years back I purchased some Klipsch speakers for my computer. Longer story short the amp went bad, through no fault of my own. I called up Klipsch (this was 6 months after I bought it and they have a 5 years warranty on the amp) and they told me they had an agreement with best Buy (since they had no Klipsch only store in the area) to just swap it out no questions asked. It took me tree times going back to that best buy and FINALLY calling corporate in front of their customer service for them to swap out the item for me because they "didn't know" the policy.

That being said my girlfriend works at Best Buy and tells me they have a new thing where the workers are taught to look at the lifelong relationship of a customer rather than the on the spot deal. While this DOESN'T mean they can give you half off a $3,000 tv, they are supposed to have more leniency with things breaking out of warranty and such. If you truly feel you have the right to return something for faulty mechanics, or whatever, they SHOULD do it for you. If not, ask for a manager and tell them you know about this policy.